Need Help installing HUD and DIC

AWeb80

I'm putting the hud and dic in my gp this weekend if everything goes ok.....it's like 20* out right now....although i'm in a non-insulated covered shop.

I tried to pull my dashpad off and ended up cracking my dash, not the pad itself :oops: i tried on the pass. side and the right side of the dash cracked....how do I get this out :twisted:

and also....i've asked before (quiet paul) but how do I get the dash panel off to put the dic in?....do i take the whole thing off, or can i just pry back the corner?

....and whick way does the HUD sit in there?...i'll prolly figure it out when i get everything tore apart but, does the plug in go to the right or left when facing the steering wheel.

and lastly, do I need a HUD Windshield to see the image...if so owell, i'll get one later.

Thanks in advance.

and i'll take plenty of pics.

for how the HUD sits, the mirror side needs to be pointing back toward your eyes. I would dissasemble and clean the mirrors inside the HUD otherwise it will be very dim. Mine was actually so bad you couldn't see it before I cleaned it.

My car doesn't have a HUD windshield and i barely have any ghosting, its very easy to read.

FUN FACT!

The factory manual for a 94 CS said that "HUD windshields are selected by sorting non-HUD winshields for acceptable image ghosting." Obviously, all the windsheilds are identical, it's just a variations that cause acceptable and unacceptable HUD windshield ghosting... and nothing else.

The way I got the dashpad off was to pull down on the edge that's right behind the steering wheel, and wedge a knife under the plastic part. It's just held down by clips or pieces wedged in holes, and simply pulls up.

dashpull.jpg

The white highlighted area (vents and all rubber-coated plastic, including the underside of the dash) should just pull out and around the steering wheel after you remove the indicated screw that is behind the red highlighted part. You may have to remove your center console. My center console was removed at the factory, how thoughtful! :bash:

I made the mistake of not removing the two 7mm screws that are behind the radio/HVAC bezel and broke mine, so it's loose if not for the change holder/ashtray.

I believe the HUD faces so the plug is on the left. I don't have a HUD-specific windshield, but I don't notice any ghosting whatsoever, and the HUD darkens some at night with the headlights on. I remember there being some coating that HUD-specific windshields got, and people who add HUD and then trick insurance companies into giving them HUD-specific windshields (I'm looking at you, SupremeStyle_21 :lol: ) have noticed a huge difference.

Remember to dig right behind the leftmost cubby, the harnesses for DIC and HUD are buried back there and wrapped in foam and electric tape. Prepare for sticky fingers.

damn it Adam...why you breaking your stuff?!?!?! dash pad....pry up on edge nearest to you and pull towards you. it has little slide clips.

the HUD, yes, mirror side towards you. no special windshield needed...itll work with all.

...and ill get ya some pics of the spare HUD/headlamp switch setup that i have before i send it to you. i still feel like an asshole for providing you something that didn't work correctly.

sorry man...

...and ill get ya some pics of the spare HUD/headlamp switch setup that i have before i send it to you. i still feel like an asshole for providing you something that didn't work correctly.

sorry man...

Its fine Zach...dont get all worked up over it....i'm an easy goin guy....all that doesn't work is the dome light rotation thing doesn't turn the dome lights on.....i can live without that for a while...i've still got the console lights.....and besides, its' not being driven rightnow.

I started it lastnight for the first time in 3 wks cause it was cold and i needed heat in the car. :lol: