Fixing defroster lines

Supreme Cutlass

I have used them and they work. You will need to find any breaks with a ohmeter/multi-meter, and utilize the included "coppery" paint. Tape to mask at the edges of the wire, and apply to all breaks. And cover your rear shelf with an old sheet to avoid getting the coppery stuff on it.

they are better than nothing. I'm very careful in my masking so the repir material is not visible beyond the lines. And I run the repair stuff like a half inch to the sides of a break. The material will still be fragile in the futre though. but can't hurt to try.

Guest TurboSedan
they are better than nothing. I'm very careful in my masking so the repir material is not visible beyond the lines. And I run the repair stuff like a half inch to the sides of a break. The material will still be fragile in the futre though. but can't hurt to try.

cool thanks! the '94 SSE i sold to my brother awhile back has a non-working defroser, even though the dash light comes on. there are breaks in the lines. he asked me about those repair kits and i had no idea. i had no idea the defroster didn't work since i never owned the car when it was cold out. i will have to give it a try.