Damn I'm good (DIS fuel economy)

GnatGoSplat

94 3.4 DOHC with a custom MEMCAL sending my calculated fuel injector flow rate to the DIS (Driver Info System): DIS reports 14.9gal used, took 15.0gal to fill the tank.

89 2.8L with stock GM MEMCAL: DIS reports 12.0gal used, took 14.0gal to fill the tank.

I should work for GM. :lol:

steve, i think we're screwed because the 3100 computer doesn't send fuel data through the ALDL. I get either 80mpg or 0 reading for my economy, and the fuel used never changes.

Yup, I have a burner and I use 29C256 Flash ROMs so I can erase and reprogram on the fly. I do have an EPROM UV eraser and have used those before.

Yeah, this can't be done on the 3100 ... well, physically it can be done, but so far no one has the know-how. I don't have a 3100 so no motivation to try it. :)

Matt, I could try reprogramming it for you, but I'd need just the MEMCAL. I wouldn't need the ECM. Actually, I do have some spare FastChips style adapters with EPROMs on them, but I think I paid something like $25 for them. I'm actually using one of these adapters because it was a lot easier than taking my MEMCAL apart.

Well, I'm sure we could work something out. My car is more or less being stored until I can rebuild the engine, which will probably be closer to spring, and I'd definitely like to get my DIS working, so let me know if we can work something out. (Pizza rolls quite possibly could be part of this, here) :wink: