3pt1lumina

Okay I'm gonna put these in my dad's car after I post this. I have a quick question though. Will these plug right in and have no problem or do I need to re-pin anything? My dad's car is a 97 Lumina Base... this came from a 99 Lumina LS.

We put a cluster like this in my friend's base 96 Lumina and his gas guage worked for about a minute, then stopped and read "E". I don't know if that was just his car, or if I need to do anything else.

If anyone has an idea, gimme a shout. Thanks!!

lum1.jpg

Thats the new guages^^

Does the base has a tach?? If it doesn't is the tach wire in the car's harness and not being used, or do you have to wire that in? I dunno just asking

Nope, no tach. They look the same, except the temp guage is in the place of the tach

Sorry i don't know the code.

I noticed as well that it has a column shift, was that a PITA to find? I've not needed one, but i've never seen the deluxe cluster to be had at a j/y.

I also know the GP, CS and regal clusters of the 95 vintage have the same circuit board and case, and can be interchanged. the only differene is 1 or 2 differences in lights that are necessary for odd options like Traction Control and Cruise. I wonder if is the same as the lumina. Can you show us a rear view of the old cluster or new one if you have?

Sorry i don't know the code.

I noticed as well that it has a column shift, was that a PITA to find? I've not needed one, but i've never seen the deluxe cluster to be had at a j/y.

I also know the GP, CS and regal clusters of the 95 vintage have the same circuit board and case, and can be interchanged. the only differene is 1 or 2 differences in lights that are necessary for odd options like Traction Control and Cruise. I wonder if is the same as the lumina. Can you show us a rear view of the old cluster or new one if you have?

I didn't have any problem finding that cluster. Infact, I got that cluster on ebay with shipping for $6.99! I think I got the deal of the century!

Here's a pic of the plug on the old cluster. My camera won't let me download the entire backside pictures, if you need them PM me and I'll send them to you.

>

EDIT: wow that is a terrible picture, if you want another I'll take one. Let me know.

WOW! you did! Thats totally awesome!

Umm I'm sorry, but i meant the rear so you can see the circuit board :oops: lol

any better focused ones? you can Pm me it if you'd like. thanks -ken

slightly off topic, but... My parents have a 95 cutlass ciera, (which i salvaged and fixed to give to them) I'd like to find the deluxe rally cluster from an international w O/D column shift indiacator to wire into their car, but i think they stopped making them in 1991. it also can't be an 89, it's too old, wrong odometer type. They never made Rallys with abs or airbag lights, so external lights would be needed. Then again I might not see the car for a few years, and no one else can do the job. :roll:

You've just inspired me to do it. I wanted to do this to my Lumina. I already have the GC, just wanted to knwo if it were a direct swap, looks clean and easy. Thanks for the inspiration.

You've just inspired me to do it. I wanted to do this to my Lumina. I already have the GC, just wanted to knwo if it were a direct swap, looks clean and easy. Thanks for the inspiration.

I request pics when you're done! :D

crazyk, I'm at school, I'll PM you later with lots of pics.