Damn Walmart

Puggsley456

So I went to my local walmart to have a tire repaired a week and a half ago under warranty. And they do an underhood inspection with every service. So today I am driving and I smell a rubber burning smell coming through my heater.....but thought nothing of it. Then My car just stalled while I was driving. This happened twice more after this. I got home opened my hood and there was a rag rapped around my serpentine belt. So I guess i know what the burning smell was.....the belt. And it has a couple nice shiney spots on it to boot.

Time to make some phone calls monday. :cuss: :motz2: :skep:

What problems should I keep an eye out for as a result of this?

as long as you didnt overheat or anything I dont think there should be too much trouble. Check your pullies for any damage particular your tensioner and your PS pump.

Walmart should replace the belt for you.

walmart refused to fix a tire on my car because I had no upholstery on the seat, just the seat foam.

You'll have to be cool and collected when you talk to them, after all they can just say they didn't do it. They could also claim the belt was worn out... hard to believe... since mine is all original with 205,000 miles lol.

OEM parts rock lol

If you can get some pictures. Also, you might politely ask the garage if they can loan you a rag so that you will have a new one for comparison purposes. good luck

walmart refused to fix a tire on my car because I had no upholstery on the seat, just the seat foam.

You'll have to be cool and collected when you talk to them, after all they can just say they didn't do it. They could also claim the belt was worn out... hard to believe... since mine is all original with 205,000 miles lol.

OEM parts rock lol

If you can get some pictures. Also, you might politely ask the garage if they can loan you a rag so that you will have a new one for comparison purposes. good luck

Yep.....no worries........I hate to admit this but I worked in this exact Walmarts auto shop for 7+ years....lol......I left over a year ago.

So I know exactly which buttons to push.

I actually trained the guy who serviced my car..lol