I HATE that rubber strip on the bottom of my Cuttys doors!

gmrulz4u

Last year my passenger side one got RIPPED/TORN off due to freezing cold temperatures and ice, this year, yesterday to be exact, my drivers side did the same! It's because it rained-out, and then the temperature dropped way below zero a couple hours after the rain, so everything got frozen...to open my drivers-side door, I had to get in the passenger side, climb over into the drivers seat, and push as hard as I could to get the door open...I did that because I wasn't about to pull hard on my outside door handles...I'm really good with my outside handles!:) I teach everyone how to use them properly before getting in my car! :lol:

Anyways, as soon as I opened the door, RIPPPPPPP, the stupid rubber seal came almost all the way off...it's really annoying now because I keep having to put it into place before I shut my drivers door...!!!

It's those stupid plastic things they used to hold them in, they're just NOT strong enough...

I think last year I used a thick-gel crazy glue on the passenger side one, and I haven't had a problem with it since...so I'm gonna do the same thing to my drivers side...

I'm not sure if this rubber seal is on all W-Body's or not...but has anyone else ever had a problem with them falling-off??

You know, it's kinda funny, but I just started having the same problem with that stupid strip on my drivers side door the other day..

I got in the car, pulled the door closed, and it just bounced away from thelatch every time I tried to close it.. I thought my hinges had gotten even more screwed up than they already were, so I looked around and seen that strip hanging down.. plugged the little tab back in, and the door closed. It falls off quite often now, and it's starting to piss me off.

Umm...I don't recognize any fuzzy felt? But yeah, it's at the VERY bottom of the doors...I doubt you could even see it unless you bend down...

I think it's just a weather seal or something...it's held in by about 8 plastic push-in screw thingys...it goes along the entire bottom length of the door, and is black rubber...