Im new here and my car isnt taking off with full potential..

firebug2k5

I have a problem...Sometimes while i drive around i find that when i go to take off (but not from a complete stop..like a yield or something) that the car is sluggish, kinda liek ti just stays in 2nd or 3rd instead of downshifting...i know its not the B&M shiftkit...because i bought it to fix it...could it possibly be because i have a cone filter on with no ECU upgrade so the computer doesnt know what the hell to do with the extra air coming in? it works fine as soon as the RPM starts getting up there (around about 2000) or if i START off in 1st gear...id like to get a JET stage 2 chip...will that work for the 3.1? i know it does for 3.4...and would that help it out?

u can check out my site @ cardomain @ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2111701

Thanx a million..just heard of this site...its great!

Stay away from the jet chips.

biggest waste ever.

have you done a basic tuneup?? how many miles are on it?

I know when I first got my turbo, and put a cone on it, it would take forever to downshift, and felt like it was mis-firing alot. Changed the plugs and wires and BAM! it was like a whole new car.

i really dont think a cone filter hurts THAT much. Thats about all i can do to help, im sure others will chime in with more info.

and welcome :D

yeah i have NGK Iridium plugs i installed with new Bosch premium wires....it did work nicer after that though...and i do little tune ups all the time..its got about 220,000km...so its getting there, but still runs perfect...the car was in mint condition when i got it from an old police officer...he babied the car and i got it for $1600CDN

its just its still not as "throttle responsive" as id like it to be...on cold days lately after the engine warms up a bit it runs some damn nice though, it lay burnouts anytime i come out of a stop with about 1/2-3/4 throttle...i want it to be like that ALWAYS...i was going to try putting some heat shield tape around the air intake pipe, and maybe trying to stop as much air being put through the cone filter by covering half of it with wide masking tape....im thinking this is the reason because it was alot more responsive when i had the original air intake box in it...but i LOVE the sound without the box in there with the cone (it actually sounds better witht he box in there and then take the filter out and just leave the top sitting there...but thats not good for the enigine lol)....anybody else notice that with their cars when they swapped to the cone filter?

what would be the best chip for the3.1 engine for my 94' GP? i have looked around online, and i figured JET would be the best...i was also thinking the Hypertech reprogammable tuner, but i think thats a little too much, and i dunno if it will work for me.

what would be the best chip for the3.1 engine for my 94' GP? i have looked around online, and i figured JET would be the best...i was also thinking the Hypertech reprogammable tuner, but i think thats a little too much, and i dunno if it will work for me.

http://www.fastfwdperformance.com

Best chips for any 60 V6. Also have UD pulleys and motor mounts.