Think I could get away with this?

luminator94

Well, let me explain my problem. I ripped out my Sony CDX-CA700X HU today cuz it sucks! My stock Delco CD/Tape player puts out better sound then the Sony, I have Sony XPlod speakers in the rear. But when I first took out my Delco, everything was fine and I made sure to clear the Theftlock. Well, I put it back in, everything works great. Tonight, when I turned my headlights on, I noticed that on the bottom left part of my Delco, the light is very dim, almost to the point where its burned out. Its really, really bugging me cuz it looks dumb with the radio all lit up except for one corner. So here's my solution: My mom's Olds Alero has the SAME EXACT radio as my Cutty. The Alero is still under its 3yr./36k warranty. I'm thinking about swapping radios and having my mom go down to the dealership and DEMAND a new radio. They'll junk my radio, put a new one in, mom will stop at my house...I'll take mine out, put her's back in, and take my new one! I think its GENIOUS! I know that there is a sticker with the date written on it, but I'll just take it off before anything. How's it sound? Or is there someway I can get the lighting to work the way it should?

Aaron

it should be like the dash and climit control, take it apart and there should be very small bulbs to replace. and about being dimm, almost burnt out, it probably is burnt out alot of times they put the bulbs close together so if one gos out its just dim not completly dark.

why don't you just change the bulb

Why change the bulb when I can get a new one for free!? IDK, maybe I'll look into changing the bulb. :roll:

Aaron

A dealer will probably not put a new one in, they'll end up repairing it, or bringing it to a shop, especially since everything else works.....now if you could do something where the LED display stops working.......

A dealer will probably not put a new one in, they'll end up repairing it, or bringing it to a shop, especially since everything else works.....now if you could do something where the LED display stops working.......

Well, I could make it so that the CD player doens't work anymore. :twisted: My mom's dealership is very resonable about things, I'm almost willing to bet that if she asked for a new one, they would drop one in.

Aaron

luminator---->wedgie.gif <-----me

I bet you like touching my ass don't you?? :lol: I can't wait til summer, so I can make a trip to DuBois and meet the man with the Turbo. I have an idea. How 'bout I bring about 800 Zippo's and trade 'em up even for the GP Turbo?

Aaron