TGP torque converter

Intlcutlass

The "Correct" one to use I know is an FL9B (10 inch?) - 1895 RPM

BUT , would a FJ9B work? It's rated for 2060 rpm.

What would be the differences?

Thanks guys!

Check out my score!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Reman-B21-FJ-2060-Stall-TORQUE-CONVERTER-GM-125C-4T60_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63692QQitemZ8015486758QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

$50.00 :lol:

Now I just need to have the tranny i picked up from Nokicker rebuilt....

I already have the transgo shift kit to give to whoever will be doing the work.....

Thats cool....

I was looking to make sure IF ANYTHING that it works. Because I probably won't even feel the difference , thats ok with me. It is one of those if anything, it's an improvment.....I needed one, and the price was right....

Why would a torque converter that has a higher stall speed bog a motor? :?

I don't know, the guy that did the pink tranny for the Red 89 insisted on putting in the higher RPM, I agreed, after he agreed that if it didn't work better he would replace it NO Charge... (which he did scratching his head and saying it should have worked)... I'm only speaking from real life experience, not I READ IT ON A MESSAGE BOARD SO I KNOW IT ALL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm only speaking from real life experience, not I READ IT ON A MESSAGE BOARD SO I KNOW IT ALL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and that comment is implied to who? :?

Didn't mean to start anything :cry:

You didn't... :wink:

Jim just doesn't like to be questioned. I am merely trying to understand his statement. Two others stated the opposite of Jim's statement and I just asked a question...yet he lashes out at me. :roll:

Oh well....life goes on. :willynilly:

Please do let us know how your tranny reacts to the new torque converter because that is a SMOKIN deal! Plus I am curious to know. 8)

Jim just doesn't like to be questioned. I am merely trying to understand his statement. Two others stated the opposite of Jim's statement and I just asked a question...yet he lashes out at me. :roll:

No, you seem to have a guilty conscious... I answered your question then just added a response to the others :shock: It's not like you have ever said something then added to it :wink:

If the shoe fits... wear it...

If not... continue looking for a different shoe... :bash:

You obviously are wearing the shoe....So put your guilt complex back in closet and crawl back on your high horse :shock: :lol: