Blower Motor??

Regal_GS_1989

Ok, My 88 regal finally bit the dust, so i'm driving my GS for the winter. Only problem is that the blower motor is shot, and i have very little heat (due to fan not working properly). How hard is it to change?? And does it involve removing the dash at all? I am planning on pulling the blower out of my 88 and using it in my 89, since that one is still good. If it is not too involving, i may attempt to do it this weekend.

TIA

it should be located at the bottom of the dash, on the passenger side. You will need to remove the black plastic kick pad, and you will see the bottom of the motor. it faces up. It usually has several 7 mm bolts. Sometimes they don't work simply because the connector has a bit of corrosion. you can clean the contacts and see if that fixes it, or test the blower motor with a ohmeter to be sure it's dead. -ken

UPDATE!!! I got the blower out of my 88. Now all i gotta do is put it into my 89.

Crazy K. the blower on my 89 comes on, but the bushings and the brushes are worn out on it. I have to hit it for it to start up, and when it does, i can hear it laboring, and strugling to turn.

UPDATE 2!!!

I got the "new" blower in my 89, started it up and it was working fine. T'ill the FUCKING FAN EXPLODED :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Now i gotta get a new one. I can get a new one for 118 $, or a junkyard one, pulled for me for 35$ w/60 day warranty. I will probably go with the junkyard one.

it exploded :shock:

what the hell, that sucks.

doesnt that position suck as well? When i was looking at the one in my GTP, i had to lay upside down on the passenger seat, all the blood was rushing to my head, it was.......awesome :lol:

go for the junkyard, if that explodes in 60 days, somethings wrong :P

it exploded :shock:

what the hell, that sucks.

doesnt that position suck as well? When i was looking at the one in my GTP, i had to lay upside down on the passenger seat, all the blood was rushing to my head, it was.......awesome :lol:

go for the junkyard, if that explodes in 60 days, somethings wrong :P

Yup. There were some little cracks in the plastic "ring", at the top that holds all of the little fins together, and when the fan sped up, it must have seperated just enough to make contact with something in there and break a huge chunk off of the fan. :cuss:

And yes, it's a lot of fun working under there :lol: But i took out my passenger seat so i could lay down on the floor.

Heres a picture of one og the cracks

100_2602.jpg

And a picture after it broke itself

100_2603.jpg

I had some paper from my glove compartment fall back in the dash and get in the blower motor and i didn't know it....and then i'd here this squeeling noise and i'd then smell something burning.....ack, so i'd shut it off

i changed it and got a new fan cause when my dad took the original one out to get the paper out, he cracked it just like in the pics above...lol

New fan for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. the piece of paper had burn Holes in it....yikes....

P.S.S. I found 2 $100 bills that fell back there once too.....and I forgot about them for a long time........stupid glove compartment