Battery relocation question

nebojsa_o

Never heard of anything being illegal as far a mounting is concerned....(orientation)

I would hazard a guess you could strap it to you roof, as long as it wasn't going to end up as a missle during an accident..... They do sell battery boxed designed for remote battery mounting.

The only concern is the venting of the fumes so as not to explode....Just something I would do as a safety thing. I would agree that this is not likely, however it's basicly the same precaution as not talking on your cell phone while filling your car up with gas.............

.............. which is something I really dont get....... I'm sure if I ever caught sparks or lightning bolts shooting outta my cell phone ........ UPGRADE!!!!

Think of utility vans......ie. plumbers, shaw vans etc. Those things are loaded with tools and generators, batteries, deadly projectiles...... Nobody says they cant have crap mounted in em...... why not a battery in a car???

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UMMM. Can I get you to tell me what wheels you have there on that cutty?

UHH, those are sick!

what are the tire dimensions? 225mm or 245mm wide?

I need to get some like that for my TGP! OOOWEEE, sticky icky!

The Volvo my dad just bought is factory with the battery in the trunk... it is a conventional style one (actually it isn't even sealed, you can unscrew and maintain the electrolyte)...this one is vented outside via a hose.

mine's in the trunk unvented with any hose and I have never had it explode one time :| . I guess we will see. If you guys don't hear from me for a while you know what happened :P . Another dude bites the dust from a violent fiery death in battery acid. :shock:

I even fast charged it a few times in there when it was way low and the worst thing that happened was a light sulfer odor that went away right away.

UMMM. Can I get you to tell me what wheels you have there on that cutty?

UHH, those are sick!

what are the tire dimensions? 225mm or 245mm wide?

I need to get some like that for my TGP! OOOWEEE, sticky icky!

Its regular GP 5 spokes - but photoshopped to be 20-21"