Signal Lights not working

f_399

OUCH that Soooo hurt my eyes!

if thats your new one, then it don't need fixing!

on both the square column and round column style, you can pop off the part that moves when you move the wand. I had to press the pot metal pivot out, and then the part that moves comes right off. Polish all the contacts with a pencil eraser, tweek the springy ones to apply a bit more pressure, and slime them with grease. snap it all back together and you're ready to go!

how much do they cost? from where?

p.s. all the ones I have fixed had intermitant issues....

I've replaced two that had actually couldn't be fixed... but i do have a shoestring budget :?

For as much trouble that you have to go through to get to the switch, why the hell not just change it out? Unless you're a glutton for punishment :lol: .

Before we begin' date=' you need to purchase a new signal switch, right?

Here are the part numbers from GMPartsDirect.com

With RSWC 19005032 - $46.34

Without RSWC 19005031 - $34.20[/quote']

I've seen the "Cam" replacement kit that they sell and to me it's not worth replacing. I actually bought that kit to net the cancelling springs when one broke on my old GP (explained in my write-up.)

I enjoy punishment! I'm such a glutton :lol:

p.s. And the ones I have fixed all still work great! I think if GM had taken more care to lubricate this switch, as well as several others I rebuild myself by the same method, they would virtually last forever. -ken

went back to circuit city and told them the signal lights were working before they fixed my radio

they looked all around and turned out a wire under the steering wheel was loose

man if i went to GM they would have raped me with service cost just to fix a wire

What the hell was "Snirket City" doing fucking around with the wires along the steering column while installing a car stereo? They had no business near those wires, especially when all you need to connect up an aftermarket stereo to a Lumina is a reverse harness and an antenna adapter :roll: .

I could see if they installed a remote start system that they'd need to mess with the wires in that vicinity (the ignition switch is close by) but for just a stereo, no way...

One question....why do so many people think that only GM dealerships can help them. There are plenty of owner shops that have intelligent workers for much cheaper.....you just have to shop around and ask around.

I've had several adventures with my Regal and found two shops that are very very competant. Moreso than a dealer I'd say.

Mr. Goodwrench is usually either incompetant or a major dickhead.