94+ Park brake in my 90 Cutty(fabrication)-poss sale-

NOHC_WBody

I talked with a guy who works at a machine shop near where I live today. I asked him about fabricating a plate to mount to the holes on the 88-93 park brake assy, with the holes drilled for the 94+ to mount the park brake to, and he was very confident that it could be done.

I'm going to take him a 94+ and a pre 94+ tomorrow when he opens his shop, and see about some adapter plates. If I can get them done fairly inexpensively, who's interested?

Well, about that, Gnat has already stated that he's not going to tolerate any trolling here, like that, but why would I shoot myself in the foot like that?

The focaljet post was a bet I took from a focaljet member who posts on Club Si's Si vs. All forum, that I couldn't get banned in one post. I don't actually hate the Focus, IMO, it's a clean little car with a lot of potential. I just tried to put everything I could think of that's offensive into one post, and hope it came out coherently.

when you mention 88-93 park brake assembly, you mean the lever and cable housing holder on the rear 88-93 calipers? I havent even taken my reman '94's out of the box yet to take a look at it!

I meant the pedal assembly in the driver's footwell. I'm going to totally replace the park brake cable/rear brakes with 94+ units.

They guy at the machine shop's pretty confident he can do it, without spacing the pedal too far over to the right.

Well, about that, Gnat has already stated that he's not going to tolerate any trolling here, like that, but why would I shoot myself in the foot like that?

You can troll other sites all you want, even though I personally don't agree with trolling. Just make sure when you do it, NOT to post any links or references to this forum because I don't want them coming here in retaliation!

Anyway, if you can come up with a bolt-on adapter plate that requires no modification to the car, I'm in.

Talked to dude about the plate, and showed him what I need in my Cutty. He thinks he can make an adapter that will mount up to the upper mounts in the pre 94's, and bent into a 90 deg, to bolt to the lower left side. 1/2 inch spacers between the plate on the left side and some longer bolts on the 94+ pb unit should make it good to go. It looks like he may have to drill the 94+ holes a bit lower, for what he described as clearance issues with the left side mounts, but it won't affect the operation of the pedal, nor will it contact the floor.

[edit] I'll send them to Si vs. All, Gnat. We love shit like that over there :D