Airbag on 88 CS

NORBI

I was on a junk yard this friday and found a 94 CS with a grey airbag so without thinking i removed it and took it. Over this weekend we had a nice weather so i installed a new headliner, door panels from International model, new dash and finally a steering wheel with airbag, and that really improves looks of interior, looks more modern not so 80s.

ever consider the steering wheel on 88-93 internationals, and all 92-94 cutlasses? Looks much better than the traditional Olds one that they used on like every car including the 88 and calais etc

1st i had a steering wheel that came with base model that i hated it

then i put one from a 90 International which i liked a lot but i really loved the ones from 94 with an airbag, i like the leather on them and that they look more modern.

air.JPG

PS. I removed my HUD right now because old dash felt apart and will have to cut out a hole for a HUD in a new one. Sucks driving now without a HUD

I noticed you don't have steering wheel controls, but if you wanted them, the 89-93 steering wheel with controls is much better than 94-97.

More buttons for one thing, but more importantly, the buttons are dual-color molded plastic on 89-93 so you can use them all you want and the only wear you will notice is they get shiny.

94-97 steering wheel controls get their color from a thin vinyl coating that peels off. It's very annoying, grrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for remainding me about the mirror joystick i hate that thing, i fix it and i always break it by accident, so i think i will have to get another one from a junk yard. But now that somebody told me about it i have to do it. 8)

About peeling paint on it, its peeling a little bit not much but you are right about it, its a very thin layer of color on it.