What is the absolute highest mileage W-body you have seen?

Crazy K

My friend's dad has a '97 Camaro with 350k on it! Most of it was highway, the trans was replaced a while back, and recently the headgaskets went so he had a crate motor from GM thrown in.

Was it a 3.8L or an LT1?

My Lumina has 187k miles on it, but the best I've ever seen was my friend's dad's '94 buick. 487k miles. He kept saying he'd get a new car when the brick broke down.....and it never did. He finally got sick of waiting for it to break and traded it in for a new Durango (this was in 2000).

- Justin

The car I bought for my project had 416,000 and change on it and it's in very nice condition. 3.4L DOHC boat anchor, but all original!

The body is imaculate.... so is the interior.

The engine is now number of pop cans and paper clips somewhere, but it made it that far.

on to the S/C 3.8....... MUUUUUAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have a article from the Pontiac magazines I receive from purchasing my GTP where a 90ish GP LE(think it was an LE anyways) had like 300K on it. It belonged to a saleman that had to commute a lot, looked good from the photo. My 1993 GP SE just turned over to 246K. :mrgreen: Most people think it has considerably less miles on it since it's still in pretty good shape. Also, there's a 3.4 powered GP STE here with close to the same mileage as my car, it's in great shape since it's been well maintained.

208000 on my 89 Regal GS when I sold it.

original engine, trans

The only things that were replaced in the second 100,000 miles if i can remember correctly were:

water pump

coils/ignition control module

rear brakes

and regular maintenace

My friend's dad has a '97 Camaro with 350k on it! Most of it was highway, the trans was replaced a while back, and recently the headgaskets went so he had a crate motor from GM thrown in.

Was it a 3.8L or an LT1?

- Justin

• 1 month later...

My miles are in my Sig.

Highest milage I have ever seen was a 86 Pontiac 6000 SE 5-speed with 512,000. Still ran and drove, wouldnt pass emissions.

Highest w-body I have ever seen was a 93? Pontiac GP STE DOHC with 312k on clock. Still ran, probly drove. Rearend was hit by a semi truck..

The highest milage I have ever seen, was on TV, Jay Leno show. It was a toyota Starlet that just had turned 1 million miles..

I just bought a 92 GTP that as it sits has almost 220K on it. And as good as it runs, it won't have problems making it to 300K. My black GP has 172K on it, and my Lumina has 135K on it.

My 91 Lumina Euro 3.1 has 148256x miles on it. thing is crazy. original tranny and engine, TH125C. original everything, except the right rear quarter panel and door, and the clear corners :D and Warm Air Intake.

brakes, oil, etc reg maint... i do all myself.

Was it a 3.8L or an LT1?

- Justin

:shock:

Highest non gm cars i know if are two volvos with well over2,000,000 miles. 60's model cars. one was red and featured on Jay Leno, as well.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2002/02/21/036086.html

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/releases/3377.shtml

Another was a mercedes taxicab with 2,700,000 miles. stated to be an 82 model as featured in an article in the newspaper and according to it, the owner donated it to the mercedes museum. this appears to be the same car, as the owner was greek or turkish...

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/05/10/072401.html

"The current Mercedes-Benz High Mileage champ is Gregorios Sachinidis, a Greek taxi driver who holds the known record of more than 2.8 million miles in his 1976 Mercedes-Benz 240D."

I had seen a Lumina 3.1 Euro in a salvage yard with 525,000 miles on it...

It's one thing I sold my wife on 3.1s...

10-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my W's is going to go a million miles. I promise. If i can get the convertable going, that would most likely be the one. but for now the goal is the lumina.

I thought I would add,my 91 Lumina has nearly 190,000 miles on it and everything is original except the fuel pump,alternator,p/s pump and a hose.(tune up was done,new 02 plugs and wires,etc)I got the car just shy of 130,000 miles.Had all the paper work then to see what was done and or fixed.Just about everything was still stock from 91.

The engine and trans are all original,never rebuilt.It doesnt smoke or burn oil and has what I think is the same amount of power when it was new.

The valve covers have never been off,nor the fuel injection system for service.My transmission felt like it slipped a bit and I changed the fluid a few times and it keeps going.I did add a can Of B&G transmission tune up in the can to the new fluid and it helped the tranny keep going.

I did not use the flush though,thought that was a bad idea.Flush jobs usually kill old transmissions.Im so impressed with the reliability with these engines and drivetrains.Reading some of the posts before shows true testimony to these set ups.

8)

faster than our '86 Daytona Turbo.

yeah...those daytona's really sucked with the 2.2 turbo...IIRC from reading a buyers guide article on one

they only had like 130-140hp..and 150tq

Mine. 8)

237,200+ miles as of today, and all but the first 57 are mine. Original engine, every moving internal part original, bottom end last saw daylight upon assembly at the factory. Does not smoke and still pulls like a mule on crack. And sure don't look like that kinda mileage, either... :werd:

our old 92 lumina had 321k on it when we drove it to the junkyard, ran and drove just fine, we just didnt need or want it anymore. it had been sitting in the driveway for over a year when we decided to junk it.

it had the 3.1 mpfi which was original and it was on its second tranny that was put in at 120k when the original took a dump from my mom hot rodding it all the time on the hwy.