My wipers have a mind of their own

3pt1lumina

get this. All of the sudden my wipers won't go down all the way. They stay up as if they're on "delay." What is up with that?

There's nothing in the cowl. I started the car today, pulled it out of the garage and hit the switch by accident, so when I turned them off they now stay up.

What's wierd is they go down like they're supposed to, but come back up. Anyone have any ideas why?

happened to me a cpl times......this may not work for you. But flip the blades. Make sure your pass. wiper sits above the drivers side. Mine were flipped somehow and the same thing happened to me.

Mine don't go down all the way either. It's an easy fix, I just never think of it.

The nut, or bolt, or whatever is at the end of the wiper arm, loosen it up some, swing the wiper arm back down, then tighten it back up. Should fix your problem.

Mine did this...but it was because my dumb ass tried to use the wipers when they were frozen to the cowl and also together....heard some nice cracked and popping....and the wipers didn't go backdown......I put the grips onto the wiper blades and forced them back down (piss off that day when it happened)

Will they slip back down if you push them gently??? Maybe it's just a lack of lube and they won't slide down where they should??

Mine don't go down all the way either. It's an easy fix, I just never think of it.

The nut, or bolt, or whatever is at the end of the wiper arm, loosen it up some, swing the wiper arm back down, then tighten it back up. Should fix your problem.

That doesn't work noone on here knows GM's trick of how to fix the wipers. I got all new everything (arms, motor, cowl) from my parts car that the wipers hid away on and they don't on my car. I don't understand it.

That doesn't work noone on here knows GM's trick of how to fix the wipers. I got all new everything (arms, motor, cowl) from my parts car that the wipers hid away on and they don't on my car. I don't understand it.

if you replaced all that...then it seems like something would have to be fucked up in the switch...or, you just didnt adjust the wipers into the right position when you put em on?...

I used everything from my parts car. The switch the motor everything and I even marked the wiper arms before I took them off. It's weird I can't figure it out. I even looked in my GM Sevice manual and I looked on other w-bodies to make sure that the driver's is supposed to be under the passenger's side. Both wipers are facing up.

yup they push back down, but as soon as you use them and shut them off, they go down all the way like they're supposed to but then pop up about 2 or 3 inches.

It's annoying but I can live with it if I have to. It sounds like there's nothing I can do.