Impala 9C1 Seat Belt/Seat Project w/Pics

bluegp

My recent eBay purchase came with some assembly required. It was missing the rear seat & rear seat belts. The seller's description of the interior was quite vague and only stated that the interior had "expected wear for a police interceptor". There were some kind of aftermarket shoulder belts installed back there, but nowhere to latch them to and no lap belts. I'm guessing that whatever seat the police used & removed had the lap belts attached to it. The seller has promised me a new take-out seat, but it has been over a month and he's still giving me the runaround. My garage won't do a state inspection without the stuff back there, so I managed to find a blue interior Impala in the junkyard. I think that the blue interior is not common as only the base cars could have it (no blue in LS or SS). If you ordered sport cloth or bucket seats (except for 9C1 buckets) in a base car, blue wasn't available either. With all of the gray/neutral interiors out there, it's too bad - It's nice to see some colors like the blue. I would have liked to get a fold-down seat, but I'm not sure if they came in blue since I think that you had to get sport cloth to get one. Anyway, I still hope the guy comes through on his promise for the seat as it wasn't mentioned in the eBay description.

Before: (My car has the rubber mat, but will eventually have carpet)

BeltsSeat0.jpg

BeltsSeat1.jpg

Before: Aftermarket shoulder belts:

BeltsSeat2.jpg

After: Back to factory belts:

BeltsSeat3.jpg

BeltsSeat4.jpg

Seat installed:

BeltsSeat5.jpg

BeltsSeat6.jpg

BeltsSeat7.jpg

Before: Passenger B-pillar bracket for police partition:

BeltsSeat8.jpg

After: Replaced B-pillar trim & seat belt trim cover:

BeltsSeat9.jpg

Before: Driver B-pillar bracket for police partition & broken seat belt height adjuster:

BeltsSeat10.jpg

After: Replaced height adjuster, B-pillar trim, & seat belt trim cover:

(seat belt was also replaced as it was beat up)

BeltsSeat11.jpg

Stuff found in car:

(blank sick leave form, unused flare, & blank traffic citation)

BeltsSeat13.jpg

Donor car: '02 base Impala:

(I wanted the carpet, but it was cut in half!!!)

BeltsSeat12.jpg

Actul CAR pics now!! lol

Here's one I had on the computer:

11-3-05.jpg

If we get anymore nice weather, I want to take some more pics.

love the blue, definetly nice to have something different, right?

Yes. I've always liked blue interiors. Your Cutlass interior is blue? I haven't seen many of those - nice!

love the blue, definetly nice to have something different, right?

W3rd up on that !!!!!!

and nice job!! i wonder that car probably was either a K9 car or it had the plastic/metal back seat with the cutouts for the person's legs...and handcuffed arms