HUD into a non hud dash

CutlassSL91

I actually just did this today. I'd recommend getting a junk dashpad to practice on and to use for a rough mock-up. I did that, then used that to measure for a better cut on my second dashpad (which was supposed to be a practice too but turned out really nice) I used a pneumatic cut off wheel to make short work of the dashpad and hard fiberglass/plastic underneath. What do you have for HUD parts? You'll need at a minimum the HUD unit, the wiring harness, the metal bracket that screws to your dashpad and the dimmer switch. If you've got the headlamp switch surround that the dimmer connects to could you take some pics for me? I kind of butchered mine to make it work but I can't stand where it's mounted, I hit my knee on it. I might lengthen the wires and stash it elsewhere, not sure yet. It's a pretty decent project, not too hard but time consuming if you want it to look good. I can try to get some pics tomorrow for ya if you'd like.

• 1 month later...