Another thumbsup for Silverstars!!!

1990lumina

Well I went ahead and bought Silverstar headlights for my Lumina last night. I got both the Low and High beams.....the low beams are quite a bit brighter....and the high beams are even better.

I always thought my OEM halogens weren't yellow, but on a side to side comparison it was obvious the Silverstars had a dramatic more white light...and it was brighter by alot!!

Anyway, I don't have any pics because I changed the lights out in the part's stores parking lot - great lighting is why I did it there.

So if you have the extra money, and you're looking for a slight upgrade to your headlights I'd recomend Silverstars.

And FYI - this isn'tsupposed to be a plug for Silverstars....just saying how happy I am with them and I would recommend them to other members!

my fog light one just went out after 1 month! lol but they do work well

yeah, i had those in my fogs for awhile...they both EXPLODED within a few weeks...i took mine back and they warranty'd em...you may be able to do the same if you have a reciept...or you could buy a new one, and use that reciept...

silverstars in the headlights are sweeet though!

I hope mine don't blow up. I took special care not to touch the bulb to anything. I wore some gloves and carefully maneovured the bulbs down and put them into the leadlight assembly without touching them to anything, and they weren't touched to anything, so hopefully they should be okay.

I originally planned on getting CoolBlues' for the low beams...but then said fuck it....even though the Silverstars were double what the CoolBlues' were...I can tell even in the day time when parking in a parking lot the headlights are much more "white"

Damn I hope they don't blow up!!! I don't want to keep that mess up

the silverstars are deffinatly better then the cool blues anywayz...i put cool blues in my mom's alero, and although they are whiter lookin, you can't see shit from the drivers seat... :lol:

I picked up a set of silverstars for my Ventura this week too, haven't stuck them in yet. They are the large 6" round sealed beam lights, and from what I've heard there's a bigger difference for the sealed beam ones, I imagine the glass has a nicer pattern as well. I'm not even sure if the bulbs in there now are halogen, they could be '77 vintage for all I know. Since i use the car mainly for barhopping in the country I want to be able to see the deer a little sooner.

I had the sylvania cool blues in my CS for a long time, 2-3 years and loved them. They weren't the cheap dark blue tinted junk bulbs, they had a really subtle blue tint. I actually still have one in there but the other one was crushed in the accident last year and I haven't bought another one yet, I'm just running clear.

hell ill just go ahead and tell everyone, if you want the big upgrade that literally does add 3x's the light of silverstars. do what i did and upgrade from silverstars to HID's its like a world of difference at night. i have silverstars as my high beams still and my low beam HID's work better then the high beams do :thumbsup: