A/C control panel malfunctioning, need some advice

Grand Moff Joseph

My HVAC control panel has been working perfectly until last night. I pulled into my parking spot and hit the 'off' button to turn off the heater. The heater did turn off, but when I released my finger from the button, the vent came back on again!

Basically, the vent keeps running, even though no buttons on the control panel have the red light on, which is supposed to indicate which button is currently pressed. If I push and hold the off button, the vent turns off, but if I let it go, the vent kicks back on.

So, what could be causing this? A bad control panel, or something worse??

you should always have a red light on at some point even if its OFF the light should be on there. sounds like the buttons are broke to me.

i think i have a few extra 1990 style HVAC controls, let me know if your intrested, i got no use for em.

As what Chris said, it most likely is broken.. I went through 6 or 7 of them when I had my Lumina, which is where the decision came from to do a 3 knob job in it.. TO hell with buttons.. In fact, I think the Oldmobubble is having some issues in the pushbutton department as well..