Look at the MINT interior **Update** Exterior pic now up....

99vetteman

So, I am hoping this will be my winter car when I go to look at it on Saturday, the guy only sent me interior pics, hopefully exterior pics will come later today. As you can see, no tilt, manual windows, base cluster, base radio, base air condition controls. One thing I find odd, and maybe someone can correct me. If you look above the floor shifter you can see the round international logo. I thought only International Models got this logo. Is it possible to have an international model thats so base?

And yes it only has 60,000 miles on it. (100,000) kms

Pics..

ffacbb08.jpg

2df31c81.jpg

9fa99e37.jpg

dafd56e0.jpg

Well, here is a pic of the exterior, certainly nothing to get excited about, looks like some 15" wheel covers on there. I see some rust on the back quarter panel, as well as the front of the rocker panel. Should I be very concerned about that? What would you pay Canadian for this car. He is asking 2100 OBO, NO WAY hes gonna get that, I was thinking about offering 1600 to start.

PIC

DSC055702eJPG.jpg

It's been discussed that you could get a completely basic I-series and this looks like one of them...The only thing that sets it apart is that it doesn't have power locks ( so no keyless entry... that was supposed to be standard ), no foglamps ( also standard ), and no "million way" adjust seats ( I'm seeing a coin holder... )

Either someone ordered up a strange cutty, or its a fake. I'm leaning towards a fake...noticed the door panels. On every I series I've seen, they are upolstered to match the seats. This one has the "base" vinyl ones. Any exterior pics?

It's been discussed that you could get a completely basic I-series and this looks like one of them...The only thing that sets it apart is that it doesn't have power locks ( so no keyless entry... that was supposed to be standard ), no foglamps ( also standard ), and no "million way" adjust seats ( I'm seeing a coin holder... )

Either someone ordered up a strange cutty, or its a fake. I'm leaning towards a fake...noticed the door panels. On every I series I've seen, they are upolstered to match the seats. This one has the "base" vinyl ones. Any exterior pics?

They exterior pics are coming, this guy is like 80 years old, and he is the original owner, so I do not see how he would have done anything with the car except drive it. He would certainly not add a international badge for the hell of it!

LOL

that is sweet, it brings back memories of my base '90 except I had a split bench up front. I so doubt that's an International. Someone replaced that center console piece. Notice how the coin holder isn't all the way down? The coin holder won't fit in a console that was meant for the pneumatic controls (molded differently)

Didn't you just buy a Lumina??

Yeah i did, but i guess you missed the post... The morning i went to go pick it up, 15 cars at the dealership got vandalized, keyed, slashes etc. Took my depost and got out of there.

Didn't you just buy a Lumina??

Yeah i did, but i guess you missed the post... The morning i went to go pick it up, 15 cars at the dealership got vandalized, keyed, slashes etc. Took my depost and got out of there.

:shock: damn!!

My '88 Base looked idential on the outside...and actually had more options on the inside. That is a base model, which i believe to have had the console switched out or the international emblem added.

Both of our bases ('88 and '90) have both had tilt, power antennas

clean as hell, but it is way to basic for me.....

That much less that can break I guess.

If I hold out, I suppose I could find a 90 or 91 SL/International with alot more options, but the low km's and clean interior is what interests me here..