There's a 282 in my trunk!

Dirty Rockstar

:shock: How'd that get THERE? :shock:

And more importantly, why? lol.. I picked this thing up froma member here in MN.. I got it along with Z34 pedals and an Achieva SCX front bumper.. Needs to be cleaned, and I need a few parts for it seeing as how it came off a Beretta.. So I finally have the 5 speed! Yay! I'll have some pics up later when I can get around to it.. So, with that, I need a few more things for the 5 speed swap in the Lumina! Here they are:

282 Master and Slave cylinders AND the hydraulic line between them

282 intermediate shaft and bracket for a WBody

Fluid resivoir

Clutch linkages

MEMCAL for a 3.1/5 speed

Mounts

I just thought I would share this little tid bit and let yall know I havent resorted to not getting it done.. I have a lot of crap and time invested in this project to stop.. Plus with a forced induced project I have in store for later, it is gonna rock! Later guys! 8)

Slave cyl can com from '90 or so v6 282 cavi's sunbirds. The inter. shaft bracket can come off v6 beretta's. You will need the tin shift cable/trans mount not the cast one, beretta's had both styles. Fluid reservoir can probably come off almost any manual with remote reservoir.

The rest of what you need is w-body specific as far as I know.

As I'm gonna be doing another swap I don't really have any extra parts. I will however donate a chip to the cause.('90 3.1L/282)

Thanks baddflash.. I already have the 282 cables.. THey are still shiny and they came off an 88 or so Cutty int'l.. Along with the shifter.. I have a pedal set from a Z34, but there is no clutch switch.. I didn;t know a Beretta shaft bracket will work! My 282 didn't come with it, so that opens it up a little and makes it easier to find.. Although I am putting together a list of parts I am having my dad check on for new, in the event I need it all, it makes it easy if I can't afford them..

Thanks Baddflash.. Hit me up on Yahoo if Im around man.. I have so much more to type, but I just woke up after my "Day after Thanksgiving spectacle" nap..

YIM refuses to work for me. :x

I noticed today that the tempest/corsica/beretta's have the same intermediate shaft as well as slave cyl. I would think minus axels and master cyl most emgine bay stuff can come from other vehicles.