Tony's(5speedz34) new Cutlass wire harness cleaned up

slick

Last saturday Tony came down, and we stripped off all the old loom and started cleaning his harness. I had to go to work, so I told Tony I would finish it up for him. Well... A few days later, a few hours in cleaning, and redressing up the harness, this is where it is at. I'm only about 75% finished, as I still need to attach some loops for some cut grounds, and figure out a few other wires that are cut. I tried to make this harness improved to prevent all the grease, dirt, sand, etc.... that was in this harness when I originally got it. Then, all that will be left is re-looming most of the harness up, and he's all set to put it on his car. There is still a little more work to be done, but I think Tony will be happy. Pictures will tell the words.

http://community.webshots.com/album/509923702BaRCFJ

So, anyone else want there's done? :wink:

you can do mine, but you have to pull the engine first and you might as well swap the 5 speed parts and the turbo shit while your at it :wink:

LOL...yeah and only in one weekend's time as well!!

you can do mine, but you have to pull the engine first and you might as well swap the 5 speed parts and the turbo shit while your at it :wink:

Pff its easy.

Chris are for those pics did you use your old ass 1.3 mp camera?

so are you guys converting tonys car to the 89+ style with this new harnas or is it an 88' harnas?

89+ style but all that I know of is the lack of a Maf sensor.

Guest TurboSedan

you didn't um...soak the engine harness under water did you? i wouldn't have even gotten it wet :shock:

i wouldn't have used black tape period. it's going to turn into a gooey mess and the black tape will likely become brittle from engine heat, creating more of a mess. if you ever have to work on the wiring harness you might regret it.

some friction tape every 6" or so is all you need, then cover it with plastic loom.

you didn't um...soak the engine harness under water did you? i wouldn't have even gotten it wet :shock:

i wouldn't have used black tape period. it's going to turn into a gooey mess and the black tape will likely become brittle from engine heat, creating more of a mess. if you ever have to work on the wiring harness you might regret it.

some friction tape every 6" or so is all you need, then cover it with plastic loom.

Well, yeah, we did put it under water, but Chris let it sit for a day, and then took a blow dryer to it.

About the electrical tape, umm, well friction tape is cloth, and I just used what seemed to come stock.

Josh, if you think about it, whenever you drive around and hit a puddle, or just driving around in the winter, your harness gets wet as it is. Personally, I'm still not done. I'm going to loom this harness, then seal up the loom once it is on..