Curcuit name that prevents a battery from dying?

Intlcutlass

u mean the dinger/chime thingy, my friends bronco II dinger is my favorite, it sounds sooo cool

Please never.. ever post again.

I can't really remember what that type of circuit is called. I wish my dad was still around. He'd know. Try and ask Gearhead43 if he's online (AIM). He's an electrical engineer. (You ARE asking for some sort of circuit that would trip a switch if an accessory is left on too long while the ignition is off, right? I really don't know if one of these exists. You'd probably have to get a breadboard from Radio Shack and go from there.)

there is no fucking circuit that cuts off power when u leave ur lights on like a retard u moron (not directed at Thread starter), mabye aftermarket, digitaloutsider, like half ur posts are informitive

Chill the fuck out.

As far as I know, cutting power to an accessory that's been left on too long requires some sort of a BCM like the OBD-II equipped cars. And if you have something to say to me, I'd suggest you either take it to PM or IM me on AIM. I'm not getting banned because I pissed some little kid off.

Most OBDII cars have the headlights automated and when u turn the ingnition off, all the accesories turn off, i dont know what would stay on besides mabye ur dome light if u leave the switch on, so why the hell would you need some circuit?

hmm, well, go install DRLs from a canadian vehicle, or look for an aftermarked DRL system or somthing similar, you seem to just be mr helpy helper, please explain how to install one and where to get one

...my friends bronco dinger is my favorite...

Wow; that didn't come out right, lol.

I can't really remember what that type of circuit is called. I wish my dad was still around. He'd know. Try and ask Gearhead43 if he's online (AIM). He's an electrical engineer. (You ARE asking for some sort of circuit that would trip a switch if an accessory is left on too long while the ignition is off, right? I really don't know if one of these exists. You'd probably have to get a breadboard from Radio Shack and go from there.)

I know what you are talking about. You see the device all over in the streetrod/musclecar world. I think this might be it: http://www.prioritystart.com/

I think GM's always called it the Body Control Module (BCM,) even dating back to the early 90's. In recent years the BCM's have become more "robust," and therefore it gets more attention paid to it. :wink:

When I worked at a factory that made modules for Fords, the module we produced that shut off the dome light was called the Central Timer Module (CTM) and later renamed the Generic Electronic Module (GEM.) Not like that has anything to do with GM's or anything...

I wouldn't mind having one of these circuits in a standalone box.

In the 94-97 W's with this feature, it's self-contained in the headlight switch and only works if the domelights are left on.

In the 94-97 W's with this feature, it's self-contained in the headlight switch and only works if the domelights are left on.
FWIW, it also cuts out the trunk light if you leave the deck lid up for any amount of time (found that out when I was installing my amp...)