MPG WITH CAI

dohc v6

Well I hooked up my cold air. the ones that I build and I am proud to say that it is an enhancement to the car actually. I got 21 MPG city beating the car. now the car come with 17 mpg stock. 4 miles per gallon better. so I save about 5-10 bucks every fill up. HAHA.

your sure your not just dreaming?? ive never heard anyone notice much of a difference on any automotive board from an intake, including myself didnt notice shit and everything calculates out to about the same ...

I doubt it's that drastic.....

BUT , my computer tells me I get 30 MPG on the freeway @ 62mph (rpms read 2k)

K&N

Tranny at a 297 FDR instead of 333

No T/B coolant lines

180 stat

K&N

No T/B coolant lines

180 stat

You turn 2k at 62 with 2.97 FD?? Wow, I turn 1900 at 60 with the stock 3.33. Something doesn't add up there.

K&N

No T/B coolant lines

180 stat

You turn 2k at 62 with 2.97 FD?? Wow, I turn 1900 at 60 with the stock 3.33. Something doesn't add up there.

I donno :shrug:

But there is a little difference if I am doing 60 even...

You also have to figure.... up hill/down hill , drag , rolling resistance... Lots of variables , but I can say i noticed a difference brfore my trans work as opposed to after....

You also have to figure.... up hill/down hill , drag , rolling resistance... Lots of variables

None of that should matter with the TCC engaged. There should be no slippage so the RPM should not change depending on load. Strange.

You also have to figure.... up hill/down hill , drag , rolling resistance... Lots of variables

None of that should matter with the TCC engaged. There should be no slippage so the RPM should not change depending on load. Strange.

Sorry man , but TCC engaged or not , If I have an additional 100 lbs in my trunk, that WILL effect my gas milage (rollong resistance). Also Driving on nice flat lad as opposed to going up and down hills all day.

It effects your speed too... If I am keeping my RPM's at 2k , and encounter a hill , if I maintain my rpm , that means my speed will drop...

So there are plenty of variables to compair.

K&N

No T/B coolant lines

180 stat

I'm at 2k at 60 with mine.

A little bit. Your final-drive is 3.43 versus 3.33 for 3.1/3100 cars.

Sorry man , but TCC engaged or not , If I have an additional 100 lbs in my trunk, that WILL effect my gas milage (rollong resistance). Also Driving on nice flat lad as opposed to going up and down hills all day.

It effects your speed too... If I am keeping my RPM's at 2k , and encounter a hill , if I maintain my rpm , that means my speed will drop...

So there are plenty of variables to compair.

My point was that RPM should not change based on load. Of course your mileage will drop going up hill or with a heavy car. For example, if your turn 2,000 at 60 with a light car on a level highway, you should also turn 2,000 at 60 going uphill towing a trailer. The thing is, your RPM's seem way off for having a 2.97 final-drive.

I dunno... I think weather has alot to do with it.

It's strange though, cause in the summer I was getting KILLER highway- like 39mpg 60-75mph... now I'm getting "around" 30mpg :shrug: :roll: