Power Window Help...

Sherlock

Hey

My driver side power window in my 96 Culass Coupe, somtimes works and then sometimes doesnt. It will go down and then only come up half way or so. Its kinda odd, because if a wait at bit and then hit the button again it will go up somtimes. Other times i have to pull up on the window and hold the button at the same time. I tore my door apart to find that the window motor assembly is rivited in. So what do i have to do to get my window to work again. Do a i buy a new motor or do i need the whole assembly thing, and do i need to get it from GM or can i get it else where.

Thanks

Justin

Sounds like either the power window motor is getting weak, or the track is binding.

The power window motor regulator assembly needs to be drilled out. Use tape to keep the glass suspended when you remove the regulator. You can replace the motor by itself, but it too, will need to be drilled out of the regulator. I've seen window motors for sale on Ebay.

When Penny had one go bad on her '88, I just replaced the entire regulator with a junkyard one and attached it using stainless bolts and lock washers. Haven't ever had a problem with it since.

Thanks

I'll try lubing the regulator, because i think the motor still works, but it may be weak like you say. Thanks for the help. I just cant believe GM rivited in the regulator, did they expect them to last for forever.

Thanks

Justin