low coolant light and sensor

89BuickRegalGS

My coolant has been leaking out somewhere (i am asuming its evaporating out fast cause i have not used enough antifreeze), but after i refilled it, the low coolant light didn't shut off right away. And flicks on and off now and then since this morning (when I filled it). I was wondering where the sensor was located so I could check to see if it is loose or somethin. Thanks

Are you sure it still dont need more coolant, when I replaced my thermostat a very little bit of coolant escaped and it was enough to trigger my light. It did the same thing yours is doing until I but more coolant in and its been fine since. Was the light on solid (not flickering) before you added more coolant?

yeah, it was on solid. it would go off now and then like when I jumped on the gas, i assumed the coolant was sloshing up on the sensor though. It is off for now. My main concern now is where the coolant is going. I can't afford a radiator!

if you cant find the anti-freze i would check your oil and see if your head gasket is leaking

also possibilty of a leaky water pump only leaks when running

yeah, it was on solid. it would go off now and then like when I jumped on the gas, i assumed the coolant was sloshing up on the sensor though. It is off for now. My main concern now is where the coolant is going. I can't afford a radiator!

Also being the proud? owner of an 89 Regal GS I am curious where the coolant was going. I spung a leak in the metal pipe running from the pump to the plenum...replaced it with heater hose.

Still need struts..rear one are like solid pieces of steel in this cold!! Old cars are hard to love.

I have same problem with a little coolant leak and it was found that head gasket was leaking a little on the back of the engine and that explained a little green spot under my car but i always had a low coolant light on till i sealed the leak. Check the head gasket on it.