Interior Swap

GP1138

Soon, the SE will be the subject of an interior swap. GT door panels, seats, etc.

What I need to know is, should I dye my carpet, or should I just get new carpet? How much will that cost?

I've already decided to paint my dash black.

ohhh...it's always fun to upgrade your interior with the "GT" model 8)

i'd try to get carpet in the color/style that you want from another GP before you dye the carpet you got. do what i did and rape a "W" in a j/y and get everything that you need all from one car.

considering you can get a decent pre-molded carpet for around $100, I'd avoid dying your existing one. It never holds up well.

From where??

I'd buy that :worship:

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Carpets/Pontiac/GrandPrix

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I want to convert my car slowly to a black interior... and that carpet will look smooth.....

wha't the diff between 88-92 carpet and 93-96?

it's molded differently at the middle "hump" right along the front passenger side floorboard. '93-96 comes out an additional inch or so.

yeah I had a '94 carpet in my '90. It's not that noticeable, but push the carpet down in that spot and there's empty space. It's the same reason why a '93+ center console doesn't mate with the floor correctly on a '88-92 in that one spot.

FWIW, the carpet in Gearhead43's 1989 GP is from a 1996 GTP. It looks fine, I don't notice anything different about it.

John: PLEASE tell me you're putting in a console while you're at it.

:leaving:

I'm not sure whether or not I'm putting one in. If I can find parts in good shape, and the correct steering column and wheel (leather with RSWC now that I have a stock radio again) for cheap, I'll do it. Otherwise I'll stick with the "four-on-the-tree". :lol:

What bothers me most about putting a console in is that I'd be stuck with the shitty console lid that is broken on every single fucking '94-'96 car made.

Guest Anonymous

There is a noticeable difference with that inch or so... the center console area in my 92 seems much tighter than in my 95. John, don't do all that work and still have a granny shifter.