ASAP, Cleaning Silcon Couplers and hoses

Prospeeder

Ok, all my hoses have bits of oil and crap in it from my Drain line, WELL i thought hey, lets clean them, so i take them in the bathtub, and the oil wont come off! what can i use that WONT damage them and will easily take off the oil? And my bathtubs full crap now so i gotta hurry be4 my mom comes home!

Dawn dish soap works wonders for hiding oil stains in the house from moms and wives!! :wink:

Also use the same to clean your stuff.

Honestly you only need to worry about how much oil is at the bottom of your intercooler. What coating that may be on the inside of your charge piping will go away with time. You may want to pull your intercooler and give it a brake cleaner bath inside. If it is heavily coated or you have a puddle at the bottom it will not allow the intercooler to work very well. :wink: 8)

theres no oil in the Intercooler, i looked, theres no puddle at the bottom, no oil trails, none at the top either, wierd! Mabye its all hidden inside, lol, is it basicly some bolts and the IC comes right out? might be a spring project, just fill er up with paint thinner or brake cleaner and let it sit for awile then flush it out? And possibly that Fin mod, does that even help at all tho?

Dawn will clean the couplers and pipes no problem without damanging anything. best thing you can do for the I/C is fill it with berrymans cleaner (shit that comes in the paint bucket for $20, for a few hours, then soak the outside of the i/c in the same shit. wash it with water when done. it will pull the oil out from the inside and pull the paint off the outside so it will cool better.

Guest TurboSedan
Dawn will clean the couplers and pipes no problem without damanging anything. best thing you can do for the I/C is fill it with berrymans cleaner (shit that comes in the paint bucket for $20, for a few hours, then soak the outside of the i/c in the same shit. wash it with water when done. it will pull the oil out from the inside and pull the paint off the outside so it will cool better.

:werd:

i used that gallon can of Berryman's Chem-Dip to clean my intercooler. poured it in, sloshed it around a few times every couple hours, let it sit over night, then thoroughly rinsed it out with water. the gallon can also comes with a basket that you can use to soak smaller parts. that worked nicely for my throttle body. great stuff.

:werd:

i used that gallon can of Berryman's Chem-Dip to clean my intercooler. poured it in, sloshed it around a few times every couple hours, let it sit over night, then thoroughly rinsed it out with water. the gallon can also comes with a basket that you can use to soak smaller parts. that worked nicely for my throttle body. great stuff.

sounds awsome, where do you get it? And with the TB, wich mine needs cleaned BAD, what sensors are in it that definatly need to come out? IAC, what else?

autozone in some places carry it, it looks like a bucket of paint, its carb cleaner made by berrymans.

TB needs the IAC and TPS need to come off, but I take the coolant passage off the bottom of the TB and do the TB bypass mod. Then take the 6 hex heads off the top, gentally remove the gasket and soak everything (minus the gasket) for a few hours. brush it all clean, soak it some more, wash it with water. Resemble and bolt it back on.