Anyone thats good with car audio, please read!

fleetwoodguy79

Well I finally got a different CD player for my GP. The factory one crapped out on me a while back so its finally time for a new one! I got it off Ebay, Pioneer DEH-2300. Now the thing is, I have the harness that connects the wires from the car itself to the deck, but there is no harness for the deck itself. I guess they didn't send one... I have a LONG trip coming up saturday, and would like to get this thing working so I won't be bored with the radio! Does anyone know where I can get one of these harnesses??? I know I can order one, but I want to find somewhere that has them around here. I already tried Best Buy, Dr. Dashboard, and a few other misc. places. Can you please please help me!? Thanks!!

are you talking about the wireing harnes that comes out of the back of the head unit itself, or the harness needed to go form that bunch of wores to teh car's wires?

I doubt anywhere locally will have something like that in stock. I guess try to get the seller to send it to you ASAP. USPS priority will get it there 2-3 days. They are usually the fastest unless you pay for 2nd day air or next day.

Jason

yeah, you would only be able to get that form teh company that manufactured the stereo, maybe a shop that does only car stereos, or teh seller. Since it is apart of a head unit, i would get in touch with them and get them to priotity it to you. they should do this for no charge since it was supposed to come with the damn thing!

arent most or all of those the same????? The one coming out of the back of my old sony is the exact same as the one coming out of the back of my new JVC. coincidence?

Yeah, it's a coincidence. The connectors vary by brand and model.

The seller owes it to you unless they specifically stated in the auction that it's missing. That would be like selling a car without wheels, but not mentioning it.

You can get a harness from Pioneer Parts. I used to have their direct phone # but it's at home. You might try calling their 1-800 # and have them forward you to the parts department. My guess is you're looking at almost $20 shipped to buy it from Pioneer and they'll take almost 2-weeks to get it to you.

Hey Gnat, did you need the deck's serial number or any other piece of info from the deck? For Anti-theft reason? or did you just ask for one and they sent it out? Not that I steal stereos.... (Refer to my brutal post in the "F**K" thread)

DUDE!!!!!! I'll look up my Premier deck. I have a 600 Series Pioneer Premier from a few years ago just sitting here collecting dust. I'll see if the harnesses are the same. Idoubt I'll be putting into anything.... Hell in fact, it's for sale... I suppose I should put it in the "ForSale" $120.00 (Was $360.00 new)

It's a great deck, 3 preamps, 5volt, all the bells and whistles, EQ, sub controls, blah blah blah...

ok I'll go post officially in the For sale, heeh..

the only coincidence between the JVC and sony having the same harness is bcause *drumroll* jvc is a sister company of sony :)

No it's not, where'd you get that info?

Aiwa is owned by Sony, not JVC.

then how come aiwa is such garbage. usually a seprate division of a company wouldnt put out quality for one name and shit for the other. i didnt know aiwa had anything to do with sony. what is jvc related to, if anything? i know panasonic has a bunch of em

then how come aiwa is such garbage. usually a seprate division of a company wouldnt put out quality for one name and shit for the other. i didnt know aiwa had anything to do with sony. what is jvc related to, if anything? i know panasonic has a bunch of em

Beats me, but it's true, just check this Google Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=aiwa+%22owned+by+sony%22&btnG=Google+Search

Probably the most compelling proof, check out the Copyright statement at the bottom of the Aiwa main page http://www.aiwa.com/

JVC is its own company, the headquarters is

Victor Company of Japan.