Dash help please!

19Cutlass94

Allright well right now Im a little pissed. I took apart the dash today to find out why the fuck this thing shakes so much whenever I hit the smallest bump (mainly the passenegers side). Well I was trying to take off the dash pad, and most if not all of the bolts that are near the firewall fucking broke. That pissed me off so much my car is still in pieces. How the fuck do you get to those things? Let me guess, you have to take everything out thats under the dash pad or something?

BTW I need a new dash pad now, anyone that has one, please PM me, I need it asap.

I guess Im really asking about the dash pad an the hard piece of plastic underneath it. Those bolts at the firewall. Do I have to remove everything like the guage cluster to get to them, or the defrost channel up front?

just remove the defroster vent, then those bolts that attach the pad to the instrument panel should be easy to take off with small turns of a socket wrench equipped with an extender and 7mm socket. Btw, I know my intrument panel was broken AROUND the bigger bolts..

Thanks!

I took the dash pad off and looked at everything, Every single bolt on the back of the dash pad, that mounts it to the panel, is broken. The bigger bolts on the panel, two are broken on the passgeners side. One broke around the bolt, so now theres a nice square piece of plastice still attached to the bolt, and the other was kinda split.

How much time am I looking at to replace the dash pad(not very long I know) but the panel as well? I know theres a bunch of stuff I gotta take off/disconnect to get it out.

There's more bolts involved and stuff attached to it, but i'd say about 45 minutes. It took me about an hour but that was in the summer. I didn't take it ALL the way off, but pretty darn close (this was before I found out about the infamous vacuum line under the hood, so I thought I had a pinched one under the panel.)

Can you get NEW dashpads??

Thats not too bad. Im just worried about how much its gonna cost to get both. Id rather get a brand new ones just because i know for a fact they will not be broken, as if I pull one of out a j/y I duno if it is or not.

How much stuff is still attached to it underneath it? I cant imagine all too much, and plus its prolly just a simple bolt if there is.