keyless reciever box

willsv8

did the search thing. did not get the answer that i need. what i need to know is where is the reciever box. looked at the back deck can't see it there. i know that i have the keyless entry option. is there a new place to look??

info 1989 cutlass int full load

thanks bill

Guest TurboSedan

they are pretty easy to fix. i fixed mine four times now. the first three times i simply reheated the solder joints and it would only work for about a month. the last time i fixed it (well over a year ago) i added just a bit of paste flux while reheating the solder joints. still working great :)

mine was replaced or somthing, becuase i took off the grill to my rear passenger side speaker and there it was, and still is, un bolted in, lol, but you may have to take out the back seat if its still in the stock position

Remove the keyless entry receiver from the car.

To remove the receiver:

Remove lower seat cushions by removing a bolt from bottom of each seat cushion(s) (2 bolts on a rear bench seat).

Remove upper seat back(s) by removing nuts at bottom of the seatbacks and then lifting upwards to disengage.

Remove upper 1/4 panel trim by using a trim panel remover. Remove any courtesy light(s) that may be installed on them. Use care not to apply too much force to plastic trim.

Some cars may require removal of lower/side 1/4 trim panel, they are usually snapped in. Use a trim panel remover.

Remove two plastic trim panel fasteners from front of rear package shelf trim panel. Use a trim panel tool.

Locate keyless entry receiver module, it should be on the right (passenger) side near the speaker. It is a black plastic box with 8-wires going to it.

Remove two plastic rivets holding receiver module to rear package shelf.

Disconnect wire harness from receiver module.

Guest TurboSedan

it's mounted right next to the passenger 6x9 speaker. if the reciever isn't there, maybe just the plug for it is? someone may have removed it.

check your 'Service Parts Identification' sticker in the trunk. if it has code 'AU0' then you have keyless entry.

if its not there, its VERY easy to find at the j/y. i just went, took my hand and just tore the entire rear deck apart to find them and, of course, none of them worked, lol! but you might be able to resoder those

this is bullshit!!!!! went to the j/y today got 3 of the reciever box's none of them work?? so now i'm getting a remote starter with the lock/unlock option

p.s have 2 remote's one is a olds one is a buick 4 sale

did the ground test to see if they worked all 3 failed. :bawl:

They need resoderd or somthing, use your stocker, and resoder it, remeber to ADD flux to it. the write up tells you exactly where to soder, worked for me! Also, try all the remotes you have, i have one thats dead

With good paste flux, you don't even really have to add any more solder to the joints. I used paste flux on the 94's keyless entry and then it worked great. Still working great 3yrs later!

Be sure to use rosin flux, not acid flux!

it seriously takes like 15 minutes for a begginer to resoder them

Yes, but only if the box is repairable. My dad is an electrical engineer and even he could not repair my box using Shawn's instruction on the main page. I guess sometimes the boxes are just too far gone to fix.

UPDATE have the reciever box working :D but have 2 remote's that don't work :( i give up going to get the remote starter/lock/unlock installed over the week end

p.s thanks for all the input love this site!!! :cheers: