New Impala

f_399

My dad rented an Impala LT and I got to drive it.

- it was a very smooth ride, inside looked more "expensive" like an accord but still not quality, the dashboard felt very hard and plastic

- radio.... it was regular fm/am/cd but when it was on FM it would show the name of the band and the song? is this a new FM?

- very spacious, back seat were alright, i felt the lumina back seat was more comfortable

- engine.... oh my... 3900, this thing was a monster(well anything is compared to my 3100), what are the specs?

- looked under the hood and it was very clean, much MORE space then my engine bay! the battery can actually be seen!

you think wrong!! : my overriding superior opinion says they look good.

i actually sort like the looks better than the old ones.

:withstupid: i agree i think it has a pretty cool look to it and they have ALOT of trunk space and what not, the only weird thing is the monte carlo has the same headlights as the impala making it harder to tell them apart from the front

i think the SS's are obviously the best looking ones

but the LTZ's are really nice as well. The styling you have to get used to...the rear is something else thats for sure

IIRC, the 3900 is 240hp/240tq... at least in the G6 GTP it is...

FWIW, in a year or 2, I think the wife and I are going to pick an SS with the LS4... I'll have to see how they drive compared to the '05 3.8 S/C SS though...

Mike

We were thinking of buying an 07 Imp in a couple of years, but now I think I'd rather wait and see how reliable the 06 Dodge Chargers end up being. You can get a Charger SE for under $23k with the 3.5l that cranks out 250 hp (and best of all, it's RWD!) I was reading a quick little blurb in AutoWeek, and they said the 3.5 was just as fun to drive as the Hemi models, but for $12k-$15k less. If they prove to be shitty like the LH/LX cars they replace, then I'll stick to "ole reliable" GM FWD thankyouverymuch.

I've seen a number of the new Imp's on the road now, and the front looks too much like a Honda Accord sedan for my liking. The rear is a cross between "generic" and "Malibu MAXX-esque." I definitely like the styling of the 00-05's better (especially the LS models with the body-colored trim :drool: .)

RDS radios have been around in GM land since 2000 or so. The one that I removed from our Imp had RDS...

303hp V8 compared to a 240hp 6....hmmmm :wink:

but also...one's N/A...ones boosted...hmmm even arguement :lol:

The 3900 isnt boosted.....its N/a 240hp 240tq, w/ VVT, yea, smokes a 3800 and is the same as a 3800 supercharged Series 2, the series 3's have 265hp

and no the 5.3 V8 isnt boosted either

I think it has a better ass than the old one, but I don't like how big and googly the headlights look. If it had squintier looking headlights I would like it better.

Anyway, I don't want one.

303hp V8 compared to a 240hp 6....hmmmm :wink:

but also...one's N/A...ones boosted...hmmm even arguement :lol:

The 3900 isnt boosted.....its N/a 240hp 240tq, w/ VVT, yea, smokes a 3800 and is the same as a 3800 supercharged Series 2, the series 3's have 265hp

and no the 5.3 V8 isnt boosted either

Eurosport94 is comparing the L67 and LS4 I believe.

I have driven the new Impala but just with the base 3500 engine (still moves good though).

What I don't like about them is the texture of the plastic... you go to clean it and it becomes "sticky", and cloth fibres get messed up in it.. weird.

Overall I love the car.

PS. The Buick Lucern looks/feels much like the Impala, only it has more luxury shit.

I don't really like them. Ever since I saw them in detriot...meh, nothing changed on the monte except the front, and the impala is just sooooo family sedan looking. nothing impala about it.

We've got 6 of them on our fleet here at work. I enjoy driving them, that's for sure!

Both the 3500 and the 3900 have a good amount of power and pull all the way to redline. No flat spots while accelerating at all, which is nice.

I don't like the new 'drive-by-wire' electronic throttle control though. It seems like there's a couple tenths of a second delay in when you push the pedal, and when the engine responds to it. The plastic texture inside is crappy, and C-bad is right, it's a PITA to clean.

The brakes are amazing! I have never driven a W-body with brakes as good as these cars have!