Oh holy shit

LumiDriver

Well, we all know timmy and I did a good amount of cooling system work on my lumina..ran great...timmy watched it too...but on my way home from school..i noticed it got a bit warm..well, i figured it was because it was cold...then something happened that i know shouldnt happen..temp was about 190..adn the thermostat closed...and didnt open again until about 240...what in the hell is fucking up with that? And my low coolant light wont go off...timmy and I added coolant to the engine..and even ran it and topped it off...fucking Wbodys..and their fucking retarded cooling systems..anyone got an Idea on what this piece of shit fucking lumina is doing?

Why the hell would it work fine for nearly a week and a half, and then start acting up? But no..unless timmy did without telling me but theres no getting a hold of him right now.

maybe its the fact thats it s apos 3100 v6 ..This thing doesnt leak, it doesnt have antifreeze in the oil and there is no leaking form any fluids..there IS ENOUGH coolant in the fucking thing, i checked it this morning, Im really starting to hate this car, specially when if there is something wrong, i cant even afford to fix this pos..After 6 horus of work the 195 degree thermo decides to close at 190 and open at 240...what thell is that all about..brand new fucking thermo..it ran PERFECTLY fine for a whole damn week..

I know thats prone to happen, Its just I dont have the cash for these things right now.. Hell, I can barely get my ass to school. But Ill check, is there a way to tell if a thermo died (well, dies in a way that its not operating properly) Sorry about yelling I've had a pretty bad evening.

The 3400 in the Montana was doing the exact same thing.. until today. AHAH! Totally flushed and refilled the cooling system. There was so much air in the goddamn thing I sat there with the bleeder screw open for TEN MINUTES. That STILL wasn't enough. I'd try a flush and refill before I fucked with the thermostat again.

just go to a jy and get a new thermostat :roll: jeese, its a 10 year old car, not everythings gonna last forever

go to the junkyard for a 10 year old part that cost 8 bucks and is prone to fail at that age :roll: yea...

I know thats prone to happen, Its just I dont have the cash for these things right now.. Hell, I can barely get my ass to school. But Ill check, is there a way to tell if a thermo died (well, dies in a way that its not operating properly) Sorry about yelling I've had a pretty bad evening.

When the engine is at operating temperature you should be able to feel pressure in the radiator hose that goes from the t-stat to the radiator. If there is no pressure, then the t-stat is stuck closed and the coolant isn't flowing...

$10 for a t-stat I wouldn't exactly call expensive... The 3100 isn't a POS there are much worse 10 year old cars out there!

My 1986 Astro Ran better than this car, and it had 40k more miles on teh engine..but I will try to bleed, TIMMY where the fuck are you..and I didn't buy the thermo at a junkyard, I don't jerry rig shit into cars..I get new parts...its $5.13 for my thermo..its not that im worried about, im NOT getting ANOTHER coolant flush but I will defninately try the air thing

haha...i'm almost positive from what you're describing and the fact that you didnt bleed the stystem that its air...hell, drive that fucker to northeast ohio and i'll fix it for ya! :wink:

WEll, I've been working on old vehicles all my life, and I didn't know about bleed screws, maybe the bastards that did my coolant flush neglected to do the same as well lol

Where where do you live, maybe me and Timmy will come and stalk..er..i mean visit you

:lol: i imagine you wouldnt wanna drive this far...lol...i'm about 1hr southwest of cleveland, ohio!...not sure where you guys are in indiana...but its gotta be a helluva drive...

like a ford taurus, transmission rebuilds are yearly maintence :lol:

My dad's Taurus must be a really rare one lol....it's been driven hard all the time.

Has over 110,000miles on it now and is still going strong. It was at the tranny shop this summer getting the fluid and filter changed and the guy said everything looks great for a Ford tranny :lol:

like a ford taurus, transmission rebuilds are yearly maintence :lol:

My dad's Taurus must be a really rare one lol....it's been driven hard all the time.

Has over 110,000miles on it now and is still going strong. It was at the tranny shop this summer getting the fluid and filter changed and the guy said everything looks great for a Ford tranny :lol:

oh factory freak eh?