Dash Swap in Z-34

jjs316

im swapping my red interior or grey interior and i have the dash completely out except for one connecter ont he passegner side. it has multicolored, all different size wires going to it and seems to go behind one of the vent vaccum boxes. anyone know how to access that plug to get it out? or even know the plug im talking about?

:lol: the cluster is on the driver's side therre, jay. my guess is either the hvac resistors or the vac/electric solenoid

if it's the resistors, good luck. that thing is a pain in the ass to unclip

Isn't the bulkhead connector through the firewall over there? Is it a big connector like a couple inches by about 4 inches? If so you need to unbolt it from the outside, then find however that thing is fastened in the firewall, unfasten it and pull it inside the car. Otherwiase, beats me I've never pulled a dash out of one of these cars.

oh yeah. i never even thought about that. good call.

it's a pain in the ass to pull that thing out and get it back behind there and refastened to the firewall, though. i would just unbol/unclip the wiring harness from the dash and pull the dash out