New W-body in the family!!!!

99vetteman

Well, my search for a Mint W-body has ended. Purchased this beauty last night. 190,000 kms on it 1991 Z34, NO RUST, sprayed yearly. Got it at a small local dealership North of Toronto in a town called Orangeville. The cars check engine light was on, so the lady who had it wanted to get rid of it. I brought my mechanic up with his scan tool and while the salesman was inside, he hooked it up to the OBD1 connector under the dash, and it was nothing more then an 02 sensor that was bad.

Final price, 1000 Cash Canadian. My budget was 3000 dollars. The underbody is rusted which is expected, and there is a small amount on the rockers, typical stone chips etc, but im using the other 2000 from the budget to get all imperfections repaired, new paint job, body work, new decals. New brakes/shocks/timing belt/tensioner etc etc.

I will be picking up the car either this Saturday or next week sometime. Need to get my 10 day trip permit and get it up to the mechanics for certification etc.

Pic!

948734.jpg

that is a damn good price....I would have tried to hold out for the 'vert, but that deal would have been very hard to pass up....:thumbsup:

Well this was the whole thing, I have always had a soft spot for the Z34's, and the price was too good. It was a "winter beater" blow out price!

Jason

190,000 kms on it 1991 Z34, NO RUST, sprayed yearly.

The underbody is rusted which is expected, and there is a small amount on the rockers, typical stone chips etc

Ok so it has NO rust or does have rust?? Cool none the less, is that orange or very faded red?

190,000 kms on it 1991 Z34, NO RUST, sprayed yearly.

The underbody is rusted which is expected, and there is a small amount on the rockers, typical stone chips etc

Ok so it has NO rust or does have rust?? Cool none the less, is that orange or very faded red?

Actual body rust no.. There is a small amount at the bottom of the rockers. And of course on the underbody of the car. It is red, if you look at the hood, the colour kinda fades off on to the front quarter panel. It is strickly how the light was shining on the car.

Jason

Nice car, but may i ask why you were so desperately wanting a w-body?

All cars previously to what I own now were w-bodies. My cutlass and my monte carlo. I miss the spacious interior and unique looks of some of the w-bodies out there. Plus, they are pretty cheap to buy used and look good at the same time!

;)

suprisingly for 11 years in winter i have minimal-0 rust on the underside

It's the same way with my car. I know it's sat outside most of it's life, and it was definitely not cared for. But, I can't find any rust issues with it. 8)

And congrats on finally finding a W-body! :)