Rear bucket seat question

Darksyde

Ok the rear buckets that everyone puts in the Z's, i believe they are out of the cutty's. I have the red interior in my Z. Did they have any red buckets in the cutty? Or will front buckets bolt to the rear? Blast me for the search feature....but it didnt come up with what i wanted.

They did come in red but even if the color matches perfect which it probably won't the pattern won't match. The extra set of '89 red rear buckets I have feature the Intl series diagonal graphite pinstripes. Maybe a later year set would work, but you'll really have to look around.

With the later year seats ( 92-94 ), you could only get the rear buckets in leather, so there's your options basically: Old style ruby red/grey cloth, or newer style ruby red leather. You could check out GPs too, but I haven't seen any with the red leather if thats what you want.

And front buckets wont work in the rear...at least not very easily.

Guest Anonymous

Grand prix's never came with red rear bucket seats... only tan, grey, and graphite, that i know of. Color choices were limited on the higher end models which feature the seats. Front buckets wont bolt up back there. they are 100% different from the rear buckets in the way of composition, anchoring, and structure. You'd have to do some heavy modification to get that to work. They would also be very high.