Turn Signal Question

harrydunn

Hey guys--

I'm sure somebody will figure this out PDQ. I didn't want to start replacing bulbs and fuses until I asked the pros.

Simply put:

--Right front and right rear turn signals work (all three)

--All hazzard lights work (left and right sides)

LEFT FRONT AND LEFT REAR TURN SIGNALS (ALL THREE) WILL COME ON AND STAY ON AND THE GREEN LEFT ARROW WILL STAY ILLUMINATED ON THE DASHBOARD-NO BLINKY BLINKY.

The left turn signal has been acting funny for about three months now but I would just cancel it, engage it again and it would start blinking.

Bad switch???

Oddly enough, the amber-colored light on the fog lamp switch went out on the exact same day (???). I wouldn't think the two are related.

Thanks guys.

The "no blink" would say to me that you have a burned out bulb. Check the bulbs first, then replace the turn signal flasher (up by the firewall under the dash) if new bulbs don't solve the problem.

If none of that remedies the problem (although it sounds to me like it will) I made a write-up on how to replace the signal switch:

http://www.likeabigdog.com/column/94upsignal.htm

Lots of luck to you...

Stop signaling? If you drive in a high traffic area they're overrated. I'm going to cut you off either way, what does it matter if I tell you before hand?

Check the bulbs, then check the continuity of the switch. I doubt it's the switch... the only thing that could be wrong with the switch is a partial connection giving resistence to the line.

127K. Runs like a top.

Yeah, my car has around that much mileage, and I had to change the switch when I got it for safety. It was problems with the left side also... I'd have to manually move it up and down for it to "blink"...

I have to hold my stalk up or otherwise my right signal doesn't do the "blink blink" thing. I tried changing the bulbs as a cheap precaution, and now the car has new bulbs but no blink blink... onto the flasher I guess.

my car has 132k... what does this flasher thing cost?

Ha. Problem solved. Pulled back the trunk material to get to the bulbs, grabbed the bulb to twist it for removal and it started blinking--after I'd already bought two overpriced bulbs of course :roll: . Loose connection I guess. Oh well, glad it's working.