Whaddya think of this

supreme_style21

http://autos.keepitlocal.com/used/details.asp?RID=2&CarID=564437

This is the same place I bought my '95 from. They price everything like 2500 higher than what its worth.... then give you 2500 more on your trade.... so pretty much subtract 2500 from that price. They had my GP priced at SEVEN GRAND and I paid 3500 for it. I haven't been in the market for a new car, but this one REALLLLY caught my attention. I love it. Seem worth it??

Fawk its like 8 bucks more a month for insurance. I was hoping for some kind of deterance. I need a different car like a need a new hole in my head.. but ya only live once. Looks like my insurance company still considers a '98 GTP a 'GT' model.

Seems like it's worth a look. That's fairly low mileage for a 98 and it looks to be in good shape.

I, for one, am not digging the body-colored wheels nor the RWL tires (this isn't 1992 anymore!) though, but that could be easily remedied...

hehe. I love the look. I am just leary of that dealership. It was the 'Rico Suave' of dealerships. Salesmen all seemed to wear alligator boots and slicked-back hair.. talked the talk and walked the walk. It was fairly hilarious. WHile I was in there, I listened to one salesman try to sell this young chick a Toyota car. He swore against GM up and down.. told her how they were just HORRID vehicles and how this Toyota would retain its value hundreds of thousands of miles later. She bought it on the spot. Next couple rolls thru, looking at a Venture van.... salesman swore up and down against the Toyotas on the lot... swore his life on the GM van they wanted... promised the thing would be worth so much when they wanted to get rid of it. I couldn't believe some people have so few morals.

And after I got my car, the LIM gasket blew out royally... which happens at that age, I was pissed, but its a used car, so no biggie. But the shop I had it towed to said the thing was PACKED FULLLLLLL of stop-leak. They had to flush the cooling system EIGHT FUCKING TIMES before it was clean! I watched the whole deal.. ugh.. the whole cooling system was pure sludge. Soooo it leads me to believe they knew the situation with it and just wanted it gone. So that makes me unesasy about this one.

I would never go back there if you ran into those kinds of problems.... fuck that. Stay away from that place. Why would you even consider it with things like that happening?

I dunno.. I'm a sucker :shrug:

haah you have a point.

That's not that good of a deal. I've seen 98's listed at 6995 with about 10k more on the clock. Hold out for a place that isn't shady as fuck.

Yeah I know. They mark the hell out of their stuff here. If you go in with cash, the price drops like 2500 bucks. I'm sure if I went in there, I could grab it for6500 bucks. But yeah, they're shady.

I just needed someoen to talk me out of it :wink: I have a problem with buying things on a whim. Its a hot lookin car though!

I've got a better idea, keep your GP and buy another old beater W to have fun with, something like a 5 speed Z34. That way you're not out much and you still have the good mileage and cheaper gas prices that a 3100 will get you.... 8)

I've got a better idea, keep your GP and buy another old beater W to have fun with, something like a 5 speed Z34. That way you're not out much and you still have the good mileage and cheaper gas prices that a 3100 will get you.... 8)

:lol: I've got an Oldsmobile to get rid of first! Then I'm out of parking spaces until the snow melts :( I'd love that Z.. you have no idea.

I, for one, am not digging the body-colored wheels nor the RWL tires (this isn't 1992 anymore!) though, but that could be easily remedied...

:werd:

RWL tires is more like 1972!

Even -2500, it still sounds overpriced to me.

Is this one of those sleazy, "no credit, no problem" type places? If so, stay away. Stay far, far away.

yeah i love the body colored wheels...but the RWL are too much

and this sounds like one of those places that'll be open for business one day, then the next day you come back and the skipped and left town

i'd hold out for one thats at a more repuable dealer

yeah i love the body colored wheels...but the RWL are too much

and this sounds like one of those places that'll be open for business one day, then the next day you come back and the skipped and left town

i'd hold out for one thats at a more repuable dealer

No no.. they've been around for years. They usually carry newer, just-off-lease cars. Usually very nice stuff they have. And no its not a 'we finance' kinda place either.

Honestly, you have the same problem as me ask Chris or Jay.

haha sounds interesting.. what problem is that?

I'd say go for it, but once you buy it, here is some fair warning: Once you get the GTP people will automatically say you think that it is the "God of all fwd engines" even when you don't say anything. :roll:

'Drew

Guest TurboSedan
Honestly, you have the same problem as me ask Chris or Jay.

same problem as me, believe me i can relate. i have an affinity for older GM POS though. next week i'll have $1000 cash in my hand....will someone please stop me before i buy that HO Calais International?

so yeah....you own that Turbo STE yet Tony? :D