Should I do it? UPDATED-Pics 56k safe!

5speedz34

My personal opinion- Save yourself the $60 + taxes and fees and stuff, and put it towards getting your winter car running correctly. Then, you will also save the $100 or whatever for a new tranny and put that towards getting your Z34 running correctly.

IMHO

agreed

hey can I ask a question which I should have asked awhile ago before I gave my opinion? Tell me more about the Cutty. What does it need, and if it's going to be cheaper to fix and keep and be reliable, then I'd probably keep it.

Sorry if everyone else knows about the cutty and not me... for the life of me I can't remember any info about her. :oops: (if there was any in previous threads)

hey can I ask a question which I should have asked awhile ago before I gave my opinion? Tell me more about the Cutty. What does it need, and if it's going to be cheaper to fix and keep and be reliable, then I'd probably keep it.

Sorry if everyone else knows about the cutty and not me... for the life of me I can't remember any info about her. :oops: (if there was any in previous threads)

The Cutlass needs a lot of work, I was the previous owner

i say buy it, fix it, drive it through the winter

And then part it out for a couple hundred and sell the body for metal at the local yard. IMHO

Buy and sell the car. I'm telling you, I might be pissing on your parade, but it'll save you the trouble in the long run. You can part it out and sell it for scrap for probably a couple hundred if you're clever, and that's a nice chunk of change to be able to blow on the cars you already have.

If you buy this thing and keep it, now all of a sudden you're sinking more and more money into a shitbox that won't even move in a forward direction. You're WAY farther behind then when you started, so instead of being a couple hundred ahead, you're now a couple hundred in the hole.

Buy and sell the car. I'm telling you, I might be pissing on your parade, but it'll save you the trouble in the long run. You can part it out and sell it for scrap for probably a couple hundred if you're clever, and that's a nice chunk of change to be able to blow on the cars you already have.

If you buy this thing and keep it, now all of a sudden you're sinking more and more money into a shitbox that won't even move in a forward direction. You're WAY farther behind then when you started, so instead of being a couple hundred ahead, you're now a couple hundred in the hole.

Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I still think its something simple, if I can find out what it is then I will just fix it first.

But I think im just going to do the typical smash and grab job.

don't you even think for one second about swaping that 282 out of that cutty into a freaking base lumina! Come on Tony think! If you're going to get it...gl. You might be able to fix it cheap and then turn it around for a profit. I definately think if that doesn't work you can get a little bit of money by parting it out. Honestly, I think that lumi looks horrible on the underside and wouldn't own a car with that much of a rust problem.

don't you even think for one second about swaping that 282 out of that cutty into a freaking base lumina! Come on Tony think! If you're going to get it...gl. You might be able to fix it cheap and then turn it around for a profit. I definately think if that doesn't work you can get a little bit of money by parting it out. Honestly, I think that lumi looks horrible on the underside and wouldn't own a car with that much of a rust problem.

LoL, I already said fuck that. If I ever swap a 282 its going to be into a nice cutlass or TSTE.

Like I said burn and turn.

what's wrong with the cutty?? anything major?

Other than that it needs a new harness, and I need to get off my ass and do it.

Nothing.

But if I do get Tony's TSTE that's where the 5speed is going.