what happens when w-body brakes go bad

birdman

3pt1, the fender was $31, bumper cover was $30, and hood latch was $5, hope i helped.

yeah dude, thanks! I hope I can find my hood/fender for that cheap in good shape. Don't be too surprised if you see a PM from me in the future about how to take this stuff off. First time on a newer car for me, so yeah I'm a little timid.

too bad your car doesnt have an EMERGENCY brake :D that sucks.

for the brake upgrade, get a 3/8" (iirc) spacer and longer bolt for the left side to work the ebrake, unbolt the ebrake cable holder thingy closest to the brake on the right side and the ebrake will stretch enough, maybe the one in front of the gas tank too. bend the right side ebrake bracket. its been a while, but i think thats how i did it and the sides might be wrong (except im sure of the ebrake cable.

thanks but i ended up getting the stock brakes brand new because they finally made them with stainless steel sliders so they dont freeze and i needed it done quick but they still dont work that well. now the pedal is very mushy and only starts to stop when its about 2/3 the way down, and when you put it to the floor it only stops descently, not like you would expect. and while bleeding the brakes the fluid didnt shoot out but just oozed out. isnt it supposed to shoot out?

Its actually called a Parking brake, the manual calls it parking brake also.

My Brakes are very good on my TGP, man you really get on them and they slam that car to a hault, and i have super rusty rear brakes, but there all painted red now!

Its actually called a Parking brake, the manual calls it parking brake also.

My Brakes are very good on my TGP, man you really get on them and they slam that car to a hault, and i have super rusty rear brakes, but there all painted red now!

thanks alot, makes me feel better :evil: j/k the only thing slamming in my car is the passengers foot on there imaginary brake pedal :lol:

it can be called either. it will stop you in an emergency or it helps for parking situations so your car doesnt roll (obviously). just giving you shit though. well, if you didnt have to pump your e-brake it would be easier to use :roll: i'm lucky mine sets with one pump, kinda like me :lol:

it can be called either. it will stop you in an emergency or it helps for parking situations so your car doesnt roll (obviously). just giving you shit though. well, if you didnt have to pump your e-brake it would be easier to use :roll: i'm lucky mine sets with one pump, kinda like me :lol:

mine sets in one too, if u pump it alllll the way to the floor, then it sets the first time

What about your brakes wasn't working? Was it that they would vibrate and not grab? If so, then your ABS is messed up. Try pulling your ABS fuse and see if you still have the problem. I had the exact same thing in my GP till I pulled the fuse and turned that damn ABS off.

no vibrating, if i go in gravel or snow now the abs will kick in so thats ok, its just that the pedal goes down 2/3 the way before it starts to stop then it goes to the floor and only stops a little. the one thing i do know is that when we blead the brakes the fluid didnt shoot out so i think its the master cylinder or booster. what do you think?? thanks.