Where to buy braided brake hoses?

timoiii

Can someone direct me as to where I can find braided brake hoses cheap? I don't have a clue as to what they should cost, if they can be picked up (inexpensively) at advanced auto/ parts america, oreiley's, etc or if there are online places that would be better. I am going to perform the rear upgrade on my 91 cutty and the upgrade page suggested on getting those. Any suggests would be welcome.

Thanks,

Timo

I was talking to my Dad and he found hoses for the rears at CarQuest for $15 a piece - braided of course. Granted these are probably not from some fancy high proformance company.

For What its worth,

Timo

Timoiii,

Hey, if they fit and do the job better than the stock lines... you might have just found a new edge for us! Excellent! When you get them installed, let us know how they work and turn out.

- RedFox340

Bad news from CarQuest. There are two important sayings in life. The first get it in writing. And the one that applies here, if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. I finally got to see the cables my Dad was talking about (because he brought them home), and they are braided, but they ain't stainless. They apparently have two layers of braided nylon within the hose walls. Sorry to get your hopes up. I really have no choice but to use them. I have to do my brake project tomorrow while the whether is good.

Sorry for the bad news,

Timo

Bad news from CarQuest. There are two important sayings in life. The first get it in writing. And the one that applies here, if it seems too good to be true then it probably is. I finally got to see the cables my Dad was talking about (because he brought them home), and they are braided, but they ain't stainless. They apparently have two layers of braided nylon within the hose walls. Sorry to get your hopes up. I really have no choice but to use them. I have to do my brake project tomorrow while the whether is good.

Bummer! Just when we thought we could upgrade the brakes for less than expected... oh well, thanks for the update and the search continues. Still, lets us know how they turned out!

- RedFox340

I hope to chronicle my endeavors tomorrow. I will be doing the usual plugs, wires, O2, as well as the brake project. I bought a couple of dogbones too. The rubbers on the current ones are deteriorated something awful. Something funny here, we have O'reilly's, AutoZone, & Advance Auto real close. I bought my dog bones for $12 a piece with lifetime warranty (is that life of the company or the car?). Any how one place I went to (whispers O'Reilly's) wanted to charge something like $25 to $35 per. However they were the cheapest wrt cost of rotors at $21 per. Everybody wants like $12-15 for a couple of Caliper to Knuckle pins/Bolts. These are like $0.50 parts!!! My prayer is that tomorrow when I go over to CarQuest they will have these cheap and in stock. I should of thought to get the stupid things at the boneyard.

So, if you should see some posts from me next week, that means that I did a good enough job that I didn't get killed due to catastrophic brake failure.

Just the meanderings of my mind.

Timo