Not a good way to start off the weekend

mixe olds

Today the 5 year olds decides to get her bike out of the garage with both cars still parked in it one being a 94 cutty conv. and the other one being a 2000 Impala. MY wife called me at work today to tell me that she has some bad news. She said that the 5 year old put 4 scratches in the convertible (my car)and one in the Impala(hers). Her solution was it might be possible to buff them out. Well, I'll let you decide, can they be buffed out our not? I THINK NOT!!!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v730/mmyers70/?action=view&current=DSCF0094.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v730/mmyers70/?action=view&current=DSCF0093.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v730/mmyers70/?action=view&current=DSCF0092.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v730/mmyers70/?action=view&current=DSCF0091.jpg

If they are scuffs, they can be buffed.

If you run your fingernail over them, and it catches on the scratch, then it's too deep to be fixed with a buffer.

Judging by the pictures a buffer isn't going to do much good. :(

That sucks hardcore. I did the same thing when I was about 5. I scraped the back bumper of my moms 91 Corsica (which was about 4 or 5 years old at the time) and gouged the plastic bumper pretty deep. :(

I dunno about those. They look pretty bad...

Yeah, I did that to my dad's monte when I was little. Was there until he had it painted.

Try buffing them out but it doesn't look like they'll buff... at least not from the pics they look pretty deep.

Trust me, I know all about kids and their damn bikes. My son's bike fell into my 442 a few years ago..dented and gouged up my freshly painted rear quarter. I think that's when I lost interest in that fucking car. :lol:

But I'd start with some 1000 grit...then hit it with the polishing compound and a buffer. Cant make it any worse...

i remember i had a metal mecades benz(sp?) car when i was little and didnt know how to reverse and the first time i tried it i drove into my moms lincoln and broke off the hood emblem and put huge scratches up the hood

I'd like to see more pics of the wheels if you don't mind.

What I would say is it's time to get new handle grips on the bikes, if ripped ones exposed the handle bar's ends, and play the game "Next time the bikes go in the trash" j/k :lol:

Taking a close look at the car this morning I can see that the paint has been scaped off. My question is how do I go abou10t repairing this? Can it be just a patch job and look decent or do I need repaint the whole thing? Today I'm going out to Home Depot to buy an out door shed for bike storage.

I'll try to post the wheels pics later today.

http://www.autobarn.net/duscfix2in1p.html

That product is your friend. Basically, you fill the gouge with spot putty, prime, paint, clearcoat ( with teh little bottles of brush on paint ), then sand it all level.

I bought that kit for my toro when it got keyed, and it came out looking very nice. It comes with everything except the color coat.

You could even just buy a bottle of touch up paint and put it on real thick, so that the paint sits higher than the rest of the surface. Then just sand it down ( I'd use 1500 grit ), and polish.

I've found that that method takes a real long time to build up a thick enough coat, and you have to wait weeks for that blob of paint to dry, but otherwise it comes out looking pretty good.

I fix scratches like that constantly with a wetsand and buff. in some cases where the scratch is white like this, ill clean it with a rubbing cloth (the kind that removes wax) , i just take some clearcoat touch-up to fill the scratches, wetsand with 1000 grit until the scratch disappears, then wetsand with 2000 grit, buff with rubbing compound and then buff the enitre area again (the whole door in this case) with scratch remover or polisher to get the shine back. In fact i may do this to a similar set of scratches on the lumina just to show you how well it works. I need to document the procedure... its really easy IMHO.

I did the same thing when I was about 5. I scraped the back bumper of my moms 91 Corsica (which was about 4 or 5 years old at the time)

Not to hijack the thread but is my math off or are you 14?

I did the same thing when I was about 5. I scraped the back bumper of my moms 91 Corsica (which was about 4 or 5 years old at the time)

He's either 18 or 19 by my math. He would have had to've been born in 1991 to make him 14. Come on, what do they teach you in those California schools?

He's either 18 or 19 by my math. He would have had to've been born in 1991 to make him 14. Come on, what do they teach you in those California schools?

91 corsica-5 years old

him-5 years old

both born in 1991 (by what info gives us)

2005-1991=14

14 years old

digital outsider, what do they teach you? :lol:

nice WHEELS!!!!

and that sucks!! they seriously need rubber guards on the brake handles...TAHTS what scratches it...

most brake handles are made with plastic on kids bikes, I mean c'mon now :lol:

91 corsica-5 years old

him-5 years old

both born in 1991 (by what info gives us)

2005-1991=14

14 years old

digital outsider, what do they teach you? :lol:

\

oh math...how we love you... :lol: