speaker grille

ismellrealbad

how the hell do you get the door speaker cover off on a 96 2-door GP? I sure hope u dont have to take the entire door panel off cuz thats a real PITA. i cant find the places to pry or pull back if there are any

My sister wanted me to put new speakers in the doors of her 94, I thought it would be an easy job until I found out the grilles didn't pop off. Looked in my Haynes manual and it said the door panels had to be taken off :x

ahhhhhhhh damnit...if theres anything i hate about these cars its taking the door panels off. theres so many diffferent screws and i always either lose them or forget where they go

im already slow enough as it is. i cant count the number of times ive taken my door panels off and every time its just as annoying as the last. i just saw in chiltons that theres actually a tool for those stupid one way little off white plastic clips. anyone have it. is it useful/work good? if so where can i find one

I don't know about the Grand Prix, but on my Cutlass Supreme just pulling the door panel out enough for the trim panel tool fits in the gap is enough to break the panel. :( I hate these stupid nylon barbed fasteners. GM got smarter on the newer cars where you remove a few screws and just lift the door panel right off.

When my window went off track last summer I couldn't even get the panel off, so I just pulled the bottom out about half way and worked from there.

Just to replace all 4 speakers in my sisters car the back seat has to come out and the door panels have to come off. Thats pretty stupid if you ask me, I still havn't changed the dash speakers in my cutty but the rear's only took 2 minutes. :D

yea teh entire backseat has to come out and those pillar panels wit hthe lights for the backseat have to come off too. thank god thats not too much of a pita. hell i could probably pull the backseat out AND those 2 panels before i could pull one door panel off. BLAH

GM got smarter on the newer cars where you remove a few screws and just lift the door panel right off.

You ever replaced speakers in the doors of a 97+ GP? 2 screws, and like 15 nylon clips all the way around the door. GM sure didn't want those door panels to budge, that's for sure. :)

GM got smarter on the newer cars where you remove a few screws and just lift the door panel right off.

You ever replaced speakers in the doors of a 97+ GP? 2 screws, and like 15 nylon clips all the way around the door. GM sure didn't want those door panels to budge, that's for sure. :)

15 nylon clips? Eeeeyugh!!! I don't think my friend's '95 Monte Z34 was that bad. My Silverado just has a little triangle that pulls out from behind the mirror. Then remove 3 screws and the whole door panel lifts straight up and then pulls out. Super simple, and nothing gets damaged.

On all 3 of our Cutlass Supremes, the lower door panel piece is cracked or broken completely where the stupid nylon barb attaches to it. It was already like that on the '88 and '94, but I cracked the ones on my '89 and I was REAL careful with it and have the proper trim panel removal tool too. ARRRRGH! Nylon barbs and brittle plastic door trim panel parts are evil.