Headlights flashing

91GPSTE

Problem with the car. My headlights flash on and off when I am driving and I don't know what is causing this. Anyone have something similar happen? This happens with both auto lights and if I turn the switch on.

Just a guess, but I'd guess a bad headlight switch.

Also check the headlamp circuit breaker, I think it's in that electrical center under the passenger side dash (have to remove the lower panel to get to it).

That or the ground? Not sure if it is a central ground for the headlights, but if the ground or power going up there has a weather connector plug I would check that also.

Sounds like the switch or wiring...hell it has to be one or the other! :wink: 8)

On my Cutlass each headlight bulb is grounded independently. I was thinking ground at first too, until I remembered that when I converted to HID's that each bulb had its own ground.

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like wiring. If it was the switch, i think it would be an always on/off type of situation. Check the wires coming out of the switch, to the headlights, the ground wires, etc.

I figured it out. When I installed HIDs, I made my high beams light up together with low beams so my lows stay on and 1 of the wires melted for some reason. Oh well, guess I can live without high beams.