Good car alarms w/ possible remote start via egay

Brian P

Anyone have a good experience with an alarm from ebay? There's a TON of new ones being sold thru there, some no-name's, some famous ones. If anyone has one to recommend I'm all ears. I'd prefer a fob that looks close to factory, and have the ability to remotely start the car. Thanks for any help

I've taken out a lot of DEI systems, look into AstroStart. I think they pretty much are the way to go up here, you don't see any other brands very often. The 2205 has a cheap alarm add-on, works well.

I highly recommend DEI, I use them for everything.

You can get a FOB for them that resembles the 97-02 round GM factory FOBs. I have a comparison pic at home if you want to see the difference.

You can also set them up for OEM-style progressive unlocking if you want. I have mine set up that way.

i didn't buy mine from there...had it professinally installed. Get a Clifford...yes like the big red dog. I got a much better clifford system installed on my car for the same price as less equipped viper.

I got an older Clifford which has everything. Remote start, power locks, starter cut off, etc. Got a bunch of auxiliary functions too that will let you hook it up to anything like have your windows close automatically after you leave the car. Came with proximity and shock sensor but can be hooked up to another one as well, I think. Plain view coded valet switch.

You can program custom siren sounds, etc. What I like about it is when someone walks within a few feet of the car, it starts making warning sounds then after like 5 of them sounds the alarm.

Car hasn't been stolen or broken into yet so it works.

I haven't had good experience with Viper yet. The thing that always ticked me off was having to hide the valet switch in the car. Anyone can find it and shut the alarm off.

I've taken out a lot of DEI systems, look into AstroStart. I think they pretty much are the way to go up here, you don't see any other brands very often. The 2205 has a cheap alarm add-on, works well.

I have a 2way Compustar. It works really well, but the fob looks more like a tiny cell phone, not a factory fob.

:withstupid: Compustar and Astrostart have proven to be great in my experience. I've had HORRID luck with DEI. DEI can suck my nuts as far as I'm concerned.