Seat Heaters - Pictures Up

Pabz

You could probably save some money if you just buy one of those cheap things from wal-mart that have a massager and heating element in them, then taking it apart and using the internal components. Most of them work on 12volts, so power shouldn't be a problem. z34phoenix has actually done this and has some pictures on his cardomain site. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/473859/6

If you are going to do seat heaters, please don't do them half-ass like suggested in the post above this one. Get a kit that will be used as it was designed.

The kit you linked to seems a little high price wise for one heater. When I researched this last fall, I was able to find some cheaper then that.

Best of luck to you and if you decide to do it, please do a write up thread. :thumbsup:

EXCUSE ME! my install is not "Half-ass" if someone is not able to do safe and baisc wiring, then they have no place doing any electrical work "."

If you all want to drop 50-100 per seat, then go right ahead!

my alternative, will be $20 for both seats. i have had them installed over a year now and have no problems. additionally, there are back massagers in my car now too.

Further more, if you all ever watch rides, they were building a custom expidtion for Christopher Titus wife. they used a torn down headed seat/ massager. granted, the unit was a top of the line pad the was about $90 but still that is $90 for TWO heat pads, and like 10 massagers with massage programs!

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/rides/episode/season2/episode202/episode202.html

just because you perfer to spend more doesnt make my install "Half-ass"

when it comes to customising there are many different ideas and room for varriation. you dont have to like what i did. just respect indiviual taste.

Back to the post:...

the large pads are great and i would say worth the extra money. the only down side, i know on my monte carlo, that there are velcro attachments for the leather seats that connect to the foam seat back. if you were to use a the large seat heater, they would cover the velcro and not alow the leather or the cloth of your seat to properly attach to the foam.

Did anyone see the episdode of Pimp My Ride where they hack up a Casio SK-1 and run triggers to the seats of the car so when you sit down on it, a note from the keyboard is played through the car stereo. It seemed to only be able to play 4 or 5 notes and was stuck using the piano tone, and I don't know how talented you could be with your ass...(well, this one girl I knew could probably play a symphony...) but you get the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my seat heaters today, Gonna take pics and do a write up.

Got me thinking to re-upholster these seats. or at least get the different material shapes for a template.

Mmmm charcol leather, with Oldsmobile stiched in the headrests. Glad my mom enjoys sewing and has a machine that can do designs.

ANYTHING you can do I can do BETTER!

I don't know how talented you could be with your ass...(well, this one girl I knew could probably play a symphony...) but you get the idea.

I can play a symphony with my ass...

Using an ass key board or using an ass trumpet?

Stage 1 Complete.

Heating elements are in place, first seat took 4 hours.

Second Seat (1hour)

This was pretty easy to do, cut all the hogrings and replaced with 6 zip ties. Didnt have to cut the seat heater they fit great. Pics soon.

All thats left (stage 2) is wiring. Tommorow.

Driving with only one seat tommorow. COOL

Can't wait to see pics!

I've been thinking of doing something similar.... or just throwing some cheap heated seat "pads" from Walmart under my seat covers, since my seats are shot anyways. I need to check out the STE at the JY and see if it's still got the front seats. :)

I had wanted to install elements into the TGP seats someday when I got them recovered... yea, that doesn't matter much now :lol:

May still do it to the STE someday though. Those are niiiiiiice in the winter.

Those are niiiiiiice in the winter.

Damn straight!

The other week I was working around the lot putting signs up on the light poles, and the signs are pretty big so I threw them in the back of a LOADED Z71 pickup. Damn, heated leather seats are so nice to melt your frozen ass!!!