Another Temp Problem

LumiDriver

I was on my way to work this morning. And sitting at a stop sign for about 1 minute (slowly creeping forward, lotsa traffic). My temperature SKYROCKETS. Not slow, but fast and steady. I was almost to work..when the "Hot" light came on. And On top of that my "Low Coolant" light goes on and off randomly. That is odd because the fucker is full. And this morning while I was waiting for it to warm up the temp was abotu 190-200 ish and the thermo popped open...and the heat wasnt heat...Could it just be the thermo about to fail or what?

If you are sure its full, then just replace the thermo, and check.

Otherwise you got leaks, water pump maybe, check for a noisy water pump while your at it.

If its showing hot, then its hot, unless you got air in the system. Check the rad level not the overflow.

Yah speaking of, tomorrow morning, you and I (tim) we need to fix my car lol..but the radiator was full..id put a bit in and it woudl fill up quick..it wasnt alot, just abotu 3 or 4 ounces...

Oil is where is should be..a little burned, but thats because its about that time to change the oil.. Thats what I first suspected..but its all good on that end. I wonder if its just the thermo telling me to replace it or it will kick my ass lol

i take it there are no puddles of coolant. mine had a similar problem, chip and stat at 180, but sitting in traffic it would climb. now that seemed to stop, also got a small leak somewhere on the driver side. when the rad cap is tight, it loses a little bit, but the cap is loose and no leaks from that side.

Thats an Idea...im actually gonna pull off the resevoir tomorrow at timmys and we are gonna clean the fuck outta it..pardon my language lol.. ANd TImmy, get some sleep we got a bit of work a head of us :D

Thats an Idea...im actually gonna pull off the resevoir tomorrow at timmys and we are gonna clean the fuck outta it..pardon my language lol.. ANd TImmy, get some sleep we got a bit of work a head of us :D

will do, i think Will might try to eat your soul though...