Interesting Cutlass(from 1989 Popular Hot Rodding)

mfewtrail

I got this magazine off of ebay since it had a little TGP blurb and pictures in it and came across this in there.

cutty.jpg

That badge close-up shot appears to be the badge that is on the front fender of the cutlass pictured. Is that front end the same as the pace car Cutlass or not? I'll actually scan up some of the W-body related pages to post in the articles post and also some select things to post in the "other car" section(some other interesting cars in this magazine). BTW, I didn't see any mention of the "supercharged Quad4" in the actual article accompanying the pictures. :(

damn, SC Quad-4?!?! never heard of that! looks like one bad ass CS though...

what magazine is that?

Popular Hot Rodding magazine(as I put in the thread title :lol: ). I wonder if anyone on the Quad 4 forum knows anything about it? I may join up and post it there to see.

Guest TurboSedan
BTW, I didn't see any mention of the "supercharged Quad4" in the actual article accompanying the pictures. :(

hmmm...CSC? Eaton? let us know if you find anything on it.

BTW, I didn't see any mention of the "supercharged Quad4" in the actual article accompanying the pictures. :(

hmmm...CSC? Eaton? let us know if you find anything on it.

No clue, they don't even mention it in the magazine, just have the pictures there. I posted it on the Quad 4 forum, hopefully someone over there has some info or maybe some more pictures(underhood would be cool).

EDIT: I'll be scanning damn near half the magazine when I get a chance, I even have some Turbo Dodge stuff for you Josh. :lol:

EDIT x 2: I just looked over that "weirdest W-body thread" and the post on the GMinsidenews forum it linked to also mentioned a Cutty with a supercharged quad 4.

""As for Aerotech III, it was nothing more than a gussied up 1990 Cutlass Supreme sedan, shown in 1989. I have not seen this car personally. Supposedly it was powered by a 240 hp supercharged Quad 4."

That makes me wonder if Aerotech also done that black cutty pictured above, I know that Aerotech had one car with the same looking front end on it anyways(that land-speed Cutlass that is now owned by that Police drag racing program in California).

http://www.racelegal.com/site/images/Gallery/04_09_17/Large/f6f3874c.jpg

EDIT x 2: I just looked over that "weirdest W-body thread" and the post on the GMinsidenews forum it linked to also mentioned a Cutty with a supercharged quad 4.

""As for Aerotech III, it was nothing more than a gussied up 1990 Cutlass Supreme sedan, shown in 1989. I have not seen this car personally. Supposedly it was powered by a 240 hp supercharged Quad 4."

That makes me wonder if Aerotech also done that black cutty pictured above, I know that Aerotech had one car with the same looking front end on it anyways(that land-speed Cutlass that is now owned by that Police drag racing program in California).

http://www.racelegal.com/site/images/Gallery/04_09_17/Large/f6f3874c.jpg

Aerotech isn't the name of a company, Aerotech was the name of the land speed record holding 1987 Oldsmobile.

1970_23mg.jpg