Just want to make sure...BLOWER MOTOR!?

gmrulz4u

About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed that when I turned the Heater controls ON in my 89 Cutlass, the fan or motor would take a while to get up to full speed and would make a loud, almost grinding, type of noise until it got going good.

I have the Electronic Climate Controls. I assumed that the Blower Motor was going bad and I think I am correct in assuming this. This morning I think it's DEAD. It will not blow at all anymore, well, VERY little...almost impossible to actually feel anything with my hand held right against the heater vents.

So I just wanted to verify before I go replacing things that this is INDEED the Blower Motor gone bad, right?

THANKS A BUNCH!:)

when you get in there, Put a voltage meter on the power (purple wire) and turn on the fan just to be sure its getting full juice when ya power it up. sounds like ya blower motor to me. When ya do it, do a write up, 1 of the few things I havent done on a w-body and would like to see whats involved.

When ya do it, do a write up, 1 of the few things I havent done on a w-body and would like to see whats involved.

Good idea..I'd appreceiate if you did that as well :D

Sounds like the motor to me though....same thing happened to my dad's Suburban...loud grinding noise, then no motor soon after

the blower motor is easy to get out. just make sure you have a 1/4" drive universal joint adapter. if you don't have one, the three bolts can be a bitch to get to.

it may help to wrap a little electrical tape around the universal joint adapter. since there is very littlw room for your hands,this will keep the socket from flopping around when you are trying to get it on the bolts

OK WTF!? On the way home from work, I tried it right away...same thing, didn't work...then, just before I was about to pull in, I decided to try again and it came ON full blast and NO noise!?

What the hell!? I was under the assumption that a Blower is either DEAD or ALIVE, and once it's dead, that's it...but is this true?

THANKS AGAIN!:)